Thread: Maranda Slide In / Just Cut a Hole in the Roof for a Vent

Default Maranda Slide In / Just Cut a Hole in the Roof for a Vent

Just got a used Maranda camper for my Tacoma. Before this, I had Northern Light and before that, a 4WC.

This is a new, more simple and much lighter option for me @ 440 pounds. Plus, it doubles as more space for work without concern I'm going to damage or scratch something.

Anyways, I needed some ventilation so I traced the outline of the vent. Happened to have a drill bit roughly the same angle as the edges so used that for the corners. Then went to town with a sawsall. All went well. It rained last night and no leaks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations on the acquisition and the lack of leaks !

Looks very nice and interested to see how you outfit the interior...

Will you be adding some windows as well ?
    Cheers,
    Frank

"airsotts-narf"

Save a Life, Adopt !

Redline wrote: "no ring, no bling, bada-bing" ( http://roadtraveler.net/goodbye-bling-rings/ )
    2013 LivinLite Camplite 16DBS

Awesome! Following. I'm thinking about doing the same to my F150.
    Last edited by Tonymorr; 11-10-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Sweet! I was wondering if that could be done!

Maranda says that it's not designed to fit on a Tacoma though? Any issues fitting it in?

I took the plunge and ordered today with the following options: front slider window, rear door windows, MaxxFan 7000, rear camera compatible with the truck screen. Can't wait to get it!

I'm surprised these caps haven't been more popular as DIY campers.

I'm looking at them (used) and they are relatively cheap (less than 2k$ CAD). Add a cheap truck and camping gear and you're done!

The only thing I wish would be that getting a compatible flatbed for them be easier. To me the OEM bed is a waste of exterior storage space...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedDawn View Post
    Just got a used Maranda camper for my Tacoma. Before this, I had Northern Light and before that, a 4WC.

This is a new, more simple and much lighter option for me @ 440 pounds. Plus, it doubles as more space for work without concern I'm going to damage or scratch something.

Anyways, I needed some ventilation so I traced the outline of the vent. Happened to have a drill bit roughly the same angle as the edges so used that for the corners. Then went to town with a sawsall. All went well. It rained last night and no leaks.
    I was in contact with Maranda and they where telling me that these aren't sdesigned with the Tacoma in mind.

any issues?