Recovery tracks-??

Cuddy

Observer
Hi, just wondering if I can get some opinions on what recovery tracks to buy? ( in oz)I have seen some of Aussie irons you tube vids and they seemed to be a great help. Does Alan at outback accessories sell them for trucks?
Cheers

Coachgeo

Explorer
Many threads in here on this topic. Many reviews of the various manufactures products in here too. Search is your friend.

Cuddy

Observer
Had a look but couldn't find any relevant info maybe I'm not doing the search properly. Are there different load ratings on these tracks??

Clyde4x4fuso

Are there different load ratings on these tracks??
I couldnt find any that were rated for anything larger than your standard 4x4, however I have used my TRED's a couple of times now and they have done the job quite well in sand; weighing in at 5.2t.

Cuddy

Observer
I have used my TRED's a couple of times now and they have done the job quite well in sand; weighing in at 5.2t.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Joe , that is exactly what I'm after, input from members with trucks who have first hand experienced using them
Cheers- Brent

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Yes "Alan" sells them and they are rated for our trucks. Send him an Email at "Outback Accessories" (they aren't listed on his web site) or private message on here.
I have used my brothers TRED's and won't be using them again as they nearly squashed flat (well wrapped around the tyre). This was in mud and little support underneath, in sand they get better supported.

Dan.

Bushy62

have used max trax many times now with the dual cab Canter and a reasonable amount of weight. Used mainly in sand, still like new. No problems at all with them.

rocksaltfg84

HAVE used our tracks from Alan we are 6500kgs on FG84 bogged in bottomless slop for 2 days they worked well . When we got home we ordered 2 more , then threw away the two other tracks ...... The big tracks from Alan were the only ones that got us out.

JohnRogers

Observer
HAVE used our tracks from Alan we are 6500kgs on FG84 bogged in bottomless slop for 2 days they worked well . When we got home we ordered 2 more , then threw away the two other tracks ...... The big tracks from Alan were the only ones that got us out.

So you destroyed them after 2 days solid use and threw them out or binned the other brand x tracks ??? Even if they did only save your bacon once and were ruined after such an event, I reckon its $300 well spent!! Ive destroyed plenty of $60 snatch straps and snapped Synthetic winch lines over the years, sometimes you just have to pay to play!!!

rocksaltfg84

no the other band.......... were useless the did nothing in the help off with recovery , but Alans big tracks we our lifesavers. Best $300 spent that is why we got another set so we carry two sets now ,because they work.

kmcintyre

Observer
Man, I wish I'd have had something like that when I got stuck in a creek in Death Valley, out in the middle of nowhere....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles