Finishing up the cabinetry
IMG_20180226_155013747.jpg
IMG_20180304_091430771.jpg
IMG_20180304_091545794.jpg
Propex Heater install

IMG_20180228_115014841.jpg
IMG_20180228_114956310.jpg
IMG_20180306_102836101_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

For installation it is recommended to use a two stage regulator, so I did. However, I'm using a splitter to also run the tankless water heater.
For whatever reason, when the regulator is connected to the splitter, there is not enough gas supply to run the heater. It does work just fine without
the splitter. I removed the two stage and used the standard that came with the splitter and that did the trick. Go figure.....

Terra Ops

Adventurer
Found this gadget, now I can control coach powered lights from the drivers seat remotely.
IMG_20180302_104203775.jpg
Solar panels have arrived
IMG_20180303_104636386.jpg
IMG_20180307_133159280.jpg
The above panels are set on the camper temporarily. Any thoughts as to whether all four panels should lay flat on the roof or two on the slant and two on the roof?

CoyoteThistle

Adventurer
Wow, interior is looking great! That big rear dinette will be a nice place to hang out. Overall layout looks open and roomy for a compact rig. Very nice.

I think you'll like that Propex unit. Mine is working great so far (although heating a much smaller space).

I'm no expert on the subject, but I like splitting up the solar panels front and top. I think if you wired each pair (front and top) in series and then the two pairs in parallel to your charge controller, you'd be generating power over a really wide range of sun angles. The front ones would be especially good in winter facing south with low sun angles (and might stay snow-free too). You'd probably never see the full 400w this way but it just feels like in the real world, you'd get more amps to the battery in a given day more often with the split approach.

I've been toying with the idea of supplementing my 200w on the roof with a deployable remote panel for those times I want to park in the shade. That would be another option for splitting up your panels, but adds a layer of complexity.

Terra Ops

Adventurer
Wow, interior is looking great! That big rear dinette will be a nice place to hang out. Overall layout looks open and roomy for a compact rig. Very nice.

I think you'll like that Propex unit. Mine is working great so far (although heating a much smaller space).

I'm no expert on the subject, but I like splitting up the solar panels front and top. I think if you wired each pair (front and top) in series and then the two pairs in parallel to your charge controller, you'd be generating power over a really wide range of sun angles. The front ones would be especially good in winter facing south with low sun angles (and might stay snow-free too). You'd probably never see the full 400w this way but it just feels like in the real world, you'd get more amps to the battery in a given day more often with the split approach.

I've been toying with the idea of supplementing my 200w on the roof with a deployable remote panel for those times I want to park in the shade. That would be another option for splitting up your panels, but adds a layer of complexity.

Thanks, I think cabinetry is my least favorite of the build. Just not up to the level I wanted, but it will do:)
Yeah, I'm happy with the propex heater too. Although there are still openings in the camper, it heats up quickly. The foam panels
should do a nice job insulating.
I'm ignorant on the solar panels. I assumed all got paralleled together and would transfer whatever energy to the controller. But what I hear you saying is that by separating the sets,
I would essentially have two sets of 200watts instead of one 400watt?

CoyoteThistle

Adventurer
All panels in parallel works fine too. The advantage of wiring panels in series is that you wind up with higher voltage running through your wires to your charge controller. All else being equal, higher voltage moves more efficiently (less loss of power) so you can use smaller gauge wire and still have an acceptable power drop.

Dual approach I suggested might be better where some panels will be getting a lot of sun and others might be getting almost none. Better to have the different arrays in parallel than series. Again though, all in parallel with larger gauge wire would work. There are nice tables out there to look at length of your wire run versus how much power drop you'll see at a given voltage.

Terra Ops

Adventurer
All panels in parallel works fine too. The advantage of wiring panels in series is that you wind up with higher voltage running through your wires to your charge controller. All else being equal, higher voltage moves more efficiently (less loss of power) so you can use smaller gauge wire and still have an acceptable power drop.

Dual approach I suggested might be better where some panels will be getting a lot of sun and others might be getting almost none. Better to have the different arrays in parallel than series. Again though, all in parallel with larger gauge wire would work. There are nice tables out there to look at length of your wire run versus how much power drop you'll see at a given voltage.

Thanks, I like your suggestion.

Britboaters

Observer
Location of stores in Goshen

If you Google RV surplus in Indiana you'll find them.
I found them in following towns, but can't remember all the names:
Hudson, MI, Tristate surplus
White Pigeon MI
Several in Elkhart and Goshen.
Good Luck
Bob

Terra Ops

Adventurer
Thanks, it finally is coming together. Still have more decorating to do.
I'm getting anxious to load her up and hit the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94