Recommended wheel adapters 5x5-6x5.5 for a trailer

JCDriller

Adventurer
I've just purchased a trailer with 5x5 hubs, I'd like to run matching wheels with my 4Runner. Can anyone recommend a wheel adapter, I've located some but I want to make sure it's a quality product since so much is riding on it...

Thanks!

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Maybe you'd be better off putting on new 5 x 6.5 hubs....then just install Spidertrax to make the new hubs "hub cententric" so your 4runner wheels fit.

JCDriller

Adventurer
Maybe you'd be better off putting on new 5 x 6.5 hubs....then just install Spidertrax to make the new hubs "hub cententric" so your 4runner wheels fit.

If I swap out the hub and I don't want to add additional width can I just skip the spidertrax all together?

Thanks!

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
If I swap out the hub and I don't want to add additional width can I just skip the spidertrax all together?

Thanks!

Sorry...meant to say 5.5 x 6

The hubs won't come hub centric (which is how our wheels are mounted properly)....so the Spidertrax would get you there....they'll add an additional 1.25 on each side.

JCDriller

Adventurer
Sorry...meant to say 5.5 x 6

The hubs won't come hub centric (which is how our wheels are mounted properly)....so the Spidertrax would get you there....they'll add an additional 1.25 on each side.

Thanks for clarifying. So the spydertrax are OK indexing off the lugs, then it supplies the lip which is needed for 4runner wheels to index off of.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Thanks for clarifying. So the spydertrax are OK indexing off the lugs, then it supplies the lip which is needed for 4runner wheels to index off of.

You got it....I changed the whole axle to get a brake axle feature, but I think just drums are available if it's a standard axle (like Dexter).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier