Thread: Official goneMOAB 2018 Announcement

Default Official goneMOAB 2018 Announcement

Everyone,

We're in the planning stages for goneMOAB 2018 and I wanted to make sure we got the word out to folks earlier rather than later. While the event has primarily been off-road focused, we've added in overlanding to the event as that's something that many folks want to experience. Not sure if we'll have one or two overland trips planned as part of this year's event, but we'd love to have you out there. The event is a great way to meet other Nissan enthusiasts and find folks to wheel and overland with.

Details
    • Event starts Sunday, May 20th and ends May 25th
    • We're in Moab, UT
    • We have a decent number of sponsor show up, so you can see all sorts of fun stuff first hand and even buy it if you'd like.
    • We also do a few catered meals (Sun at our Meet and Greet, a Monday pizza party, Thursday raffle and dinner), and a disorganized cookout hosted by yours truly.

In terms of overlanding, last year's plan was to do Elephant Hill, go out Beef Basin and camp there, then take Lockhart up into town (with one more night on Lockhart). We're looking at different routes for this year's fun, so we'll have to see what things hold. That route is still in play, there's some chatter about doing the Kokopelli Trail, or maybe some others. If any of you have any suggestions, we're certainly open to them.

Thanks!

Awesome! Super stoked to get back to that beautiful red rock!

Same here. By the way, are you interested in doing the Overland part? If so, or even if you're not, I'm interested in hearing about suggestions for the route.

Everyone,

We've just about finalized the trail selection. It's a fun and complicated process, but it should be done soon. As soon as it is, I'll start putting up some updates for everyone.

Thats great about the trail selection!

Personally, I'm not all that interested in the overlanding. If I was though, I'd like to see something like White Rim trail included, whether youre only passing through, or actually spending the night there, it'd be an amazing trail to include.

It would be, but apparently it's very difficult to get passes to for wheeling there when it's a group - and even worse for sleeping.

Default Monday's Trail List!

As I said earlier, it looks like we've got the trails finalized. And, to help you start your planning, here are the trails for Monday:

• Chicken's Corners (easy green)
    • Secret Spire (green)
    • Dome Plateau (blue)
    • Offroading 101 (Tip Toe through Fins N Things) (blue)
    • Hells Revenge, Tip Toe (blue)
    • Hidden Canyon Overlook (blue)
    • Poison Spider Mesa (red)
    • Top of the World, Reverse (red)
    • Overland Run(s) (blue, maybe green)
    • And of course, a black run for those willing and able

We should also have our standard pizza night at Zax.

Thoughts on the day 1 selection? Any favorites in there?

And now with the next teaser - here are the trails we've got lined up for Tuesday

• Tower Arch (Light Green)
    • Hell Roaring Rim (Green)
    • Strike Ravine (Blue)
    • Seven Mile Rim (Blue)
    • Elephant Hill (Harder Blue)
    • Backwards Bill (Red)
    • Metal Masher (Red)
    • Trifecta (Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim) (Red shading towards black)
    • Overland Runs (Blue/Green)
    • Black Trail (Black)

Not a bad set of runs. I'll also be hosting my disorganized cookout at Canyonlands this night.