Gen 1 Tundra Sway Bar Links

PaintRock

Adventurer
IMG_0313.jpgIMG_0315.jpgHi All,

I was working on my '03 Tundra yesterday, and noticed one of the sway bar links was broken on top. The other one is not in good shape either. Has anyone replaced these on a Gen 1 Tundra or Sequoia recently? If so, what's a good value or a nice upgrade? I like the idea of polyurethane bushings, but I'm wondering how squeaky they will be? I'll probably just take the sway bar off for now, but will need to get it all back together soon because I tow about a 2 ton trailer in the mountains and off-road.

Last edited:

PaintRock

Adventurer
Thanks for the input. Icons would be nice, but I'm not sure I'm ready to put that kind of cash into a 15 year old truck with 140k miles. I ordered up some Moogs, they get good reviews and have a lifetime warranty.

Had a very bad experience with moog on my tre and lower ball joints. They were toast after 10k miles and went with the racer 5 brand instead. Minimal dirt miles. After warranting them I now keep the new set as spares. For the Outer TRE (lifetime warranty) set the supplied castle not was such a soft metal it stripped out on final tightening w torque wrench. Just keep a close eye on it, I'm stating OEM on these components moving forward.

PaintRock

Adventurer
Hmm. That’s an interesting experience with the Moogs. I guess I’ll try them, and if they break every 10k miles just keep replacing them with the warranty. For TREs, when it’s time (probably soon), I’ll go OEM or better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior