Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Snow White" 4x4 Baja Ambulance build

I'm doing 2" thick XPS sheets, with the sheets slid into the ribs of the supports it leaves 1". So for that 1" I'm going to have it spray foamed.

Total of 15 ribs at 1" will be spray foamed

Not at all, thanks for letting me know. Or else I would've finished installing the R-Tech sheets

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    Cool, hope I didn't sound like a dick, I re-read my first message and it kinda sounded that way....

FWIW I think you will be happier, more insulation the better IMO, especially since we will have so little in reality.

Vehicle is in the shop again. Getting the HP oil system upgraded, same with all oil filters (full AMS Oil set up- allows 15k miles between oil changes). Upgraded fuel pump, and all new fuel lines, along with an insulated 64 Gal Diesel tank (10 gallons more than stock).. I averaged 15Mpg driving to MT. Also picked up a lot of XPS sheet insulation, all my wiring has arrived, and I'm custom fabricating some rock sliders. This build is too much fun!

* I will be uploading a lot of pictures soon, I brought the vehicle to our cabin in Kalispell, MT. Mountain passes, and 2' of snow doesn't even phase the vehicle.. Its also nicer to work in a heated shop, than a icy driveway.
    Last edited by Msand; 01-17-2018 at 11:21 PM.

I'm also going to trim the rear end, like how the one pictured above is.. I believe this is a Members camper?

IMG_2022.JPG

My rear lights are located above the bumper so it'll work perfectly, Just putting snow white on a diet for the new year! Just shredding the pounds, she'll be ball ready soon

Glad to see that you are moving along (at warp speed!) on your build. I had one question about the insulation board you chose; What is the R Value per inch? When limited in inches available I have always used isocyo which ranges from R6 to R8 per inch......is there something preferential in your choice?
    I am still out of the country btw, but plan on revisiting the sale of my Ambo this coming summer.........hard to valuate these beasts. When you are looking at something this old (and an ambulance converted to an RV!) I am not sure that an appraisal enters into the formula.
    Enjoying your build!

So the insulation I picked up is 2" XPS sheets (Blue) and it has a R value of 16, so 8 per inch. And for appraisal, you can get it appraised (1995 e350 mini mod with quigley 4x4 is valued at $36,000 W/200,000) I showed all of my receipts from the full UJOR conversion, paint job and interior supplies, and snow white without the interior built out is valued at $60,000.. The guy I contacted for appraisal, said when I have the interior finished, It'll be in the $60k-100k range. Still losing a lot of money, as I will now have over $120,000 into it, but its a fun project, and I've learned a lot.

I've decided to sell it once I'm done building it, because I want to build a long distance unimog camper- minimum 1,400 mile range. Unfortunately I probably won't list Snow White on Expo portal for sale because of all the dumb negative comments that individuals feel like they must share. So in about a month or so look on Seattle, Spokane, and Kalispell Craigslist for the ad hahaha
    Last edited by Msand; 01-15-2018 at 03:17 AM.

fullsizeoutput_4c1.jpg

Snow White warming up in the garage
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Msand; 01-15-2018 at 03:18 AM.

Interior build is starting tomorrow
    Last edited by Msand; 01-05-2018 at 03:50 AM.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast