Thread: Corner brackets to locate storage boxes

Default Corner brackets to locate storage boxes

I am looking for some corner brackets to help locate a storage box. The Front Runner ones are basically what I am after, https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...ckets-mk2.html . However the Front Runner ones won't work for me as the mounting point is on the "outside" of the corner. I need something with the mounting point on the "inside" of the corner (hopefully that makes sense).

Any suggestions?

Thank you

If inside the truck, just make some corners out of thin plywood. Or get some aluminum angle, cut a wedge out of one leg, and fold the other leg at 90 degrees. I think some of the floor mat companies still make plastic corners designed to velcro onto their cargo mats, and those can probably be adapted to your use. Another alternative is to find a storage bin or tool box in plastic, aluminum or steel, and just cut out the four bottom corners. Smooth the edges, shoot them with a coat of paint and mount wherever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky's Dad View Post
    If inside the truck, just make some corners out of thin plywood. Or get some aluminum angle, cut a wedge out of one leg, and fold the other leg at 90 degrees. I think some of the floor mat companies still make plastic corners designed to velcro onto their cargo mats, and those can probably be adapted to your use. Another alternative is to find a storage bin or tool box in plastic, aluminum or steel, and just cut out the four bottom corners. Smooth the edges, shoot them with a coat of paint and mount wherever you want.

Some good ideas to get me started. Thanks

Just about any hardware store should have chest or crate corners in steel or brass that are essentially what you are looking for.