Camper for my parents

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
One of the big issues with most older people is mobility.
The cab design of a Fuso/Isuzu has the steps near the door hinge, so this can make it a bit challenging getting in and out of the cab.
The higher the cab, from the addition of singles or parabolic springs, compounds this problem.

Personally, I am not a big fan of the new 3.0 litre "world engine" that is now being used in the Fuso, but that does not mean it is not a reliable motor. I just don't see it as a "truck" motor, like all of its predecessors have been.
The vehicle you have linked to I would consider as a good "rough road" camper, but it is probably not suitable for heavily rutted, off road tracks, given the ground clearance. This is not one of the crappy FGB71's that came with no low range, so that is a good thing.
I am wondering if this is an ATW build, as that pass-thru sock looks like one of theirs. If that's the case, it probably also has a kinematic mount system for the subframe, which would be a good thing.

All things considered, it looks like a pretty nice camper.

JohnRogers

Observer
They would be doing that rough road travelling, flinders ranges, vic high country, kimberly's etc not serious off roading. They were going to pull 23' off road jayco behind their dual cab but after a couple trips, have realised that the van is a hassle and limits they're accessability with out back tracking to pick it up. Plus they have realised they dont want to do the stop some where for couple weeks a do day trips type of travelling, they would rather keep on moving doing overnighters and stay longer if they desire as they go.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
As I said, I think this is an ATW built unit, so if that is the case it would probably have parabolics too.
That price is pretty reasonable, especially given the mileage.

JohnRogers

Observer
Yeah it has the full atw ensemble, parabolic's, super singles, quaiffe front lsd, front and rear winches and low mileage should be a winner

Last edited:

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi,

Nice truck was built by a guy in the Gold Coast area he makes a few, he has a new one for sale too .
Professional Motor Home Body (shell) 30 mm thick STYROMAX Panels Super Thermal Insulation mounted on 8 ATW Spring Body Mounts.(from the ad)
Heaps ATW bits and peices fitted to it..
Great price and the seller is Negotiable.!!!

I no nothing about that model apart form you dont buy the one without HI/LOW transfer case.

Go take it for a drive.!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles