Thinking of a Tundra Question for Tundra owners.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
After careful consideration. I just don't want to give up my 60 and being able to shift gears.
I've had it 20 years and figure I'm good for another 20.

I've been driving a stick all my life

Driving a stick gets old. It’s nice to jump in a truck and just drive.

rruff

Explorer
The angle of the fully open door vs the closed door is less than 90 degrees. If you wanted to install a sliding drawer that you could pull out several feet, you could not make it as wide as the door opening. It would have to be substantially smaller.

Since the OP was wanting to slide out a refrigerator he may have enough room, especially if he only needs a couple feet.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I could slide my 45qt out the back of my 1gen access cab. Unless you seen a crew max in person. The rear door is already wider than the front doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dman93

Adventurer
I don't own a Tundra but a friend's 1st gen Access Cab has great rear access. As long as you aren't hemmed in by a car or wall next to the truck, the "suicide doors" are really useful. If my T100 had them I might still own it. I now have a Double Cab Tacoma, and while the rear seats are more useful than a Tacoma Access Cab, the actual access isn't great. And I've ridden for 1/2 hour in the back of my friend's Tundra AC and it's pretty roomy. And, there was a "unicorn" 4wd V6 5 speed Tundra for at least a few years. I've seen some for sale ...

Overland_Mike

Thanks . I would be looking at a full crewcab four door.

^^^This. I have a really clean 2001 that I’m going to do something with(sell maybe?) for a Gen 2.
I want the 4 doors, killer space inside, 5.7, 37’s and as a bonus there is killer after market support for the Gen 2’s.

But first l’m going to build a expo trailer and gingerly wheel my Gen 1.

My potential Gen 2 build spreadsheet already has numbers that are scary if said out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hummelator

Adventurer
Driving a stick gets old. It's nice to jump in a truck and just drive.
For some it might and when you live in a big city with big city traffic, yeah driving stick gets old. I learned on stick and my first three cars were all stick and my last 5 vehicles have all be automatic. I miss driving stick. If I could magically change my tundra from automatic to stick I would do it in a heart beat.

TwinStick

Explorer
"Stick shifters" ---we are a dying breed. LOL

Only 1 North American/USA full sized pickup avail with a manual trans. Ram 6.7 CTD (detuned) & the G56.

Only 1 North American/USA mini/mid sized pickup avail with a manual trans. Toyota Tacoma double cab 5' bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles