Campfire Shots

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Lets see them! I've always been intrigued by the way fire looks like on film and through digital cameras. You never know what you may get or how things will turn out. There's many different variations to what you can do and how you can process the flames, light and reflections/shadows.

So anyways, enough talk... lets see what you've got! I'll start, this is from a couple days ago. One thing that stood out for me was the blue sky still present in the background ever so slightly. Kind of neat.

Indian Cove - Joshua Tree NP, CA

Last edited:

FROADER

Adventurer
^^Great shot!

From my usual place with my usual group of friends/wheelers.
Truckhaven.

Big rounds of eucalyptus and the occasional smaller pieces of random wood to keep the flame going.

Fire.jpg

DSCF0926.jpg

Fire_2.jpg

Fire_1.jpg

camp.jpg

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
A friend mixed up a special concoction of copper sulfate and pre-saturated some wood logs to create a lovely Technicolor fire that lasted all night long.

134696210_GV4nr-L.jpg

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
Not the best photo, it was too damn cold out to worry about it. This is a shelter we built during winter survival training. The fire is alot smaller then it looks, although it did a descent job providing some heat, but it did a much better job psychologically.
Shelter1.jpg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Froader, those are some big flames dude... i remember being at TDS and watching the SOBE bombs... out of hand!
Nwoods, that's just a trippy looking fire!

OnTheTrail said:
At Joshua Tree NP. Set the camera on a rock and hoped for the best. Taken around midnight.

73140012.jpg

Looks like daylight!? What a cool shot!

FROADER

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:
Froader, those are some big flames dude... i remember being at TDS and watching the SOBE bombs... out of hand!
Yeah, we don't do the Sobe bombs, but with big groups you need a big fire. Those pics are taken right after a pallet was placed on top. But we all know those burn hot and fast, so it got back to manageable size pretty quick.

pismo62

Adventurer
Some good shots here. Mark, I really like the reflected lighting you were able to catch along with the night sky.
Here was my first attempt on the Mojave trail.
Spring08392.jpg

Last edited:

theksmith

Explorer
no fires allowed

we went during fire restrictions, so we made a rock ring around a propane lantern and sat around that!

IMG_1062.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles