WK2 Grand Cherokee Storage Ideas

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
Hey all,

During some 7,000+ miles of travel across Canada with my girlfriend this summer, we spent quite a bit of time discussing how to optimize our storage solutions inside the vehicle for future trips. For this trip we used three Pelican cases, 2x 1620s and a single 1610. Stored in the rear alongside our Dometic CFX-35. The breakdown was relative as follows...

Pelican 1610: Recovery/Some Cook Gear
  • Coleman 2-burner Stove
  • Plates/Bowls
  • Spatulas/Cooking Utensils
  • Silverware
  • Tow Straps
  • Shackles/D-Rings
  • Tarp
  • Paracord
  • Wool Blanket
  • Emergency Blanket
  • First Aid Kit

Pelican 1620 #1: Camp / Remaining Cook
  • 2-person Tent
  • 2-person Air mattress
  • 2-person sleeping bag
  • Hammock
  • Pot & pan
  • Trash Bags
  • Hand Sanitizer

Pelican 1620 #2: Electronics & Tools
  • DJI Mavic Pro Drone
  • Canon dSLRs #1-3
  • Canon Lenses
  • Craftsman Mechanics Kit
  • Spare D-Rings
  • Camera Day Bag

Remaining items in the middle and rear seats included a dry food storage bag, 2x camp chairs, trekking poles, her two clothes bags (she had never done this before and did a great job packing for her first time... especially considering our climate went from sea-level summer atmosphere to 10,000' in the northern Canadian Rockies) and my 60L backpacking pack with my clothes. Our laptops were kept in her small day bag.

I only have a few images of this, which I'll post here.

My hope is that some of you may have done things with the Grand Cherokee platform that I might learn from. I know it's a relatively unmodified platform (I mainly know this because my build thread seems to have become a web-wide resource for mods) but maybe you guys with similar truck builds might have some ideas.

Trailhawk Packed by 2180miles

Montana - Sleeping in the Jeep by 2180miles, on Flickr

^ unfortunately the second photo is the only other one I have of inside... taken while I was sleeping in the back in a field in Montana on the way home. Girlfriend had flown out of Calgary so I drove back across the US alone and had space to sleep after putting one of the Pelican cases outside under the Jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles