Pictures - Starting my 5x8 Cargo Camper Conversion

gwolff

Observer
I went a little crazy and added a 2.5" 0.25 thick square tubing from the tongue all the way back to the cross member at the axle (or I guess, axleless suspension). I just want it to be really beefy and the stock tongue just wasn't doing it for me. I think it will be worth its weight.

IMG_4464.jpg

Last edited:

gwolff

Observer
I fastened the fenders to the trailer temporarily to do a fit check. They fit! The tire on the front is not going to stay there... I plan on building a storage box on the front out of tubing with an expanded metal floor. I will mount the tire on top of that so the top of the tire should be flush with the trim where the roof begins.

IMG_4518.jpg

gwolff

Observer
Replaced the bolt on jack on the tongue with a weld on swivel jack. Much better

IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg

Took it for it's first ever drive around the block today. My dad tailed me in his truck to act as my brake and turn signals since I do not have any yet.

IMG_4538.jpg

Then brought it home and welded the fenders on. They look great, they are sturdy enough to stand on. In hindsight, I'd have given the tires a little bit more clearance, but they should be fine.

IMG_4559.jpg

gwolff

Observer
I did some fun stuff yesterday and mounted my awning. I made some brackets and spacers to get the awning up around the trim and above the door.

IMG_4618.jpg
IMG_4621.jpg

DsiDan

That Suspension moves a lot more than you would think. Those tires will be rubbing. I stuffered the mistake. Trailer looks bad *** by the way. Love the build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne