Pictures - Starting my 5x8 Cargo Camper Conversion

gwolff

Observer
Interesting build. I apologize if you’ve already listed this...I haven’t found it. What is the total outside height of the trailer? I think you’ve estimated it at 88”, but did you get a chance to measure? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was on the money, it's 87 to the high point of the roof. However the vent adds about 5 inches so if you count the highest highest point its about 92

gwolff

Observer
Haven't checked your progress in a long while. Great update - really like your build!

Thx for the vids - if a picture's worth 1000 words, a video's worth 1000 pictures ?.

Thank you! I really wanted to make videos of the process so I can look back and remember the whole process.

WYCamper

Great looking build. Just one question - what is the distance from the outside front of the trailer front to the coupler on the hitch. Another words how long was the original and how much did you add to it?
I'm in the planning stage for a build and liked your setup.

WYCamper

wvracer821

Observer
Great build, I'm glad that I stumbled upon this as I am I'm the planning phase of my 6x12 trailer conversion. Thanks for all the ideas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

g man

Interesting build. I apologize if you’ve already listed this...I haven’t found it. What is the total outside height of the trailer? I think you’ve estimated it at 88”, but did you get a chance to measure? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was on the money, it's 87 to the high point of the roof. However the vent adds about 5 inches so if you count the highest highest point its about 92

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwolff

Observer
Great looking build. Just one question - what is the distance from the outside front of the trailer front to the coupler on the hitch. Another words how long was the original and how much did you add to it?
I'm in the planning stage for a build and liked your setup.

WYCamper

It's around 30 inches longer than it used to be. I would estimate its overall length to be between 5 and 6 feet

Last edited:

Darkrider

Adventurer
Finally got fully updated on this. Did you ever find out the total weight of the trailer once it was completed?

tims5377

Maybe I missed it somewhere (didn't watch the vids yet), but how did you attach your wall studs to the trailer wall? What plywood thickness did you use for floor and walls?
Is your bed the size of a standard futon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles