Black Friday deals on fridge/freezer?

LJFTW

Anyone know of any Black Friday deals on off road fridges/freezers this year?

You can get an ARB 50qt from REI right now using the 20% off coupon, but once you add sales tax it's really not that great of a deal. Good...but not great. If you don't have an REI near you to pick it up they'll ship it to you "free", but charge you a $75 oversize shipping charge which makes it no deal at all.

sabjku

Observer
Just a thought.....try calling Quadratec and see if they'll match the REI deal. They did for me earlier this year, although it was another supplier. They did the 20% off, Free shipping, and it was when ARB was supplying the transit bags for Free with proof of fridge purchase.

Etoimos

Observer
You can get an ARB 50qt from REI right now using the 20% off coupon, but once you add sales tax it's really not that great of a deal. Good...but not great. If you don't have an REI near you to pick it up they'll ship it to you "free", but charge you a $75 oversize shipping charge which makes it no deal at all.

Thanks for the heads up on the 20% at REI. I might go that route... I already have a $50 gift cert for them.

Etoimos

Observer
Quadratec is showing them out of stock, and with my $50 REI gift cert, it's not quite as good of a deal.

dddonkey

Adventurer
I'll throw my .02 in here and look at truck fridge. They where the best deal around when I bought mine a few years ago. I have had mine running almost none stop since purchasing.

Etoimos

Observer
I have been looking at all of the brands and while the EdgeStar is a nice price for the size, it does not have the one must have feature for me... low battery cut off. I'm going to be running this in my Jeep JKUR and I do not plan on using a second battery (at least at first). I'm planning a 7 day trip where we will be relocating everyday. So the starter battery will have a chance to recharge but I'd like to have some level of safety built into the fridge.

I think I have decided on the 49qt Domestic. While not what the cool kids get, it appears to have a great features to cost ratio and I've not found it to have lots of bad reviews. Anyone know who has the best price on those?

sabjku

Observer
I have been looking at all of the brands and while the EdgeStar is a nice price for the size, it does not have the one must have feature for me... low battery cut off. I'm going to be running this in my Jeep JKUR and I do not plan on using a second battery (at least at first). I'm planning a 7 day trip where we will be relocating everyday. So the starter battery will have a chance to recharge but I'd like to have some level of safety built into the fridge.

I think I have decided on the 49qt Domestic. While not what the cool kids get, it appears to have a great features to cost ratio and I've not found it to have lots of bad reviews. Anyone know who has the best price on those?

I run the Arb 37qt in my JKU, full time, wired directly to the stock battery. I have no problems at all with it. Even if I don't drive the Jeep every day it still manages to keep things cold. You will have zero problems in your situation with relocating and charging daily. I'm not sure about the other brands but the Arb is incredibly efficient.

nixid

Observer
Edgestar Manual
DC input power
When attempting to plug your portable freezer into a
standard 12 V socket, the unit will not work if socket has a
voltage of less than 10.4 V. The unit will restart when the
voltage is 11.8V or greater.

 When attempting to plug unit into a standard 24 V socket,
the unit will not work if the socket has a voltage of less than
22.5 V. The unit will restart when the voltage is 24.2 V or
greater.
Understanding the Temperature control setting
Your portable freezer uses a digital control system for adjusting the
thermostat.
1. SET: Set button – press this to set the desired temperature
2. Button for increasing the temperature setting +
3. Button for decreasing the temperature setting –
4. FF: Fast Freeze button – this function quickly drops the
temperature
5. “Run” indicator: this will be red when the Fast Freeze
function is on and green when the unit is running normally
6. “Low” indicator: when the power is too low, this yellow
indicator will flash

7. LED display: shows the temperature in Fahrenheit (°F)

Just purchased the ARB 37 from REI for about $500... They had it in-store priced at $600 on clearance and they let me apply the 20% off that they are currently running to the purchase. Not a bad deal!

LJFTW

Looks like ARB just kicked off a fridge promotion today. They're offering a free limited-edition Transit Bag if you buy a fridge between now and the end of the year. Not exactly a great Black Friday deal, but it's a free $125+ accessory that I think most people would want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles