Anyone running a Foxwing and Thule gutter mount?

sabjku

Observer
Is anyone using this system? Thule square load bars, gutter mounts, and a Foxwing awning? If so, any issues at all with the setup? I have the Foxwing and just picked up the Thule system cheap. Just need to come up with a bracket system that will position the Foxwing correctly to clear my Jeep JKU doors, as well as sitting low enough to clear my garage door.

Before going any further I'm just curious as to what others may have experienced with this setup. Any issues with the gutter feet staying in place with the awning mounted? Or is it pretty darn secure? Thanks!

QKSAND

Curious

I've thought of this set-up myself. I'll be following along to see the results.:lurk:

sabjku

Observer
Nope but they are on my list so I'll be watching this thread

ratled

Figured I'd update and post what I ended up doing. The Foxwing didn't work out on the Jeep. I just couldn't get it positioned correctly to clear my garage door and my Jeep door. The Foxwing is so much "taller" than my ARB.

So, I took the ARB 2500 off of my trailer, and mounted that to the Thule setup on the Jeep. The Foxwing went on the trailer!

I ended up using the Rhino Foxwing/Sunseeker Pioneer style bracket. It mates up the ARB's standard channel spacing. I then drilled through the top of the Thule square load bars in order to mount the
Rhino bracket. It's extremely solid. I have the Thule gutter feet tightened down beyond "snug" on the rain gutters, and it's not going anywhere. I've done a few long distance road trips, at highway speeds
and it's very solid. I don't even hear any additional wind noise. Very happy with the setup. Probably not the most attractive way of mounting everything together, but it works well.

***Hmmm....not sure why the pics are posting sideways..sorry!

Attachments

• arb1.jpg
    arb1.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 11
  • arb2.jpg
    arb2.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 9
  • arb3.jpg
    arb3.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads