1994 K3500 4x4 Diesel Ambo Conversion 45k miles

eporter

Adventurer
Nice looking rig. I like my minimod, but I sometimes think about what a 4x4 pickup-based ambo would be like for a ski vehicle. That rig would probably sell super-quick out here in the PNW. GLWS!

Msand

Importer
Man, just put it on CL or ebay for $10,000.. It'll sell a lot faster than on here. I bet someone will take it off your hands in like a week or two. Just title it as 4x4 Camper

Pangle

Wanderer
Yea, Honestly I cant believe it has not sold yet. I have sold 4-5 of my ambo conversions either here or CL and they usually go fairly quick. The two that were the slowest was this one and another with NO pass through cab. I think the 6.5 also scares some people away, but its a great motor if you do the work to them. If I hadnt just had a kid I would keep it and drive to AK... but with only two seats its a no go for me now.

Pangle

Wanderer
Me too! Its on CL I wont do ebay.. Im not really too concerned if I sell it or not. I work on it, and drive it most days so Im still enjoying it. I just cant get out and do trips like I want now having a kiddo... I installed a VANNER inverter today!

fastevo

Pangle, I am interested but also curious what kind of MPG's this rig gets and if you knew the fuel tank size/cruising range? Thanks, Steve

Pangle

Wanderer
According to the vehicles codes, it has a 31 gallon tank. I get around 11-13 fully loaded. These motor really like a new exhaust which I have not done yet which increases the MPGS 1-2. For what its worth I installed the VANNER inverter I had, so now the inverter is working and the shore power is working.

I am located in VA if you would like to come check it out / drive it. I think you would be nothing but impressed how it drives.

(Also steve)

Pangle

Wanderer
Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do... Just had a kid so Im not able to use it much. Figured id move it along

Pangle

Wanderer
Thats not to far fetched... I usually will do an extended trip in my builds but I have a 6 month old now which is why im selling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online