New sticker... and an oil Leak.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I was given a new sticker by a student yesterday. She said I had the coolest jeep she had ever seen.

IMG_0128.JPG

On a side note, I have an oil leak now. Anyone have any thoughts where to start?

IMG_7816.jpg

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
No it not from the tranny or transfer box. It's coming off the front of the motor somewhere.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Yeah I dont think that is it. this is coming from off the skid plate. I have tracked the drip to the front cover of the motor. Its Really Irrelevant. I'm going to drop it off at LR Austin tomorrow.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
Did you recently have an oil change done? I bet either the filter or drain plug is loose, assuming it is engine oil leaking. Those motors don't typically leak oil.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
The whole front of the motor just had to be replaced that last time this POS craped out. So there maybe a loose bolt from that. It has the original Control arms too, so if y'all are not pulling my leg about that, they could be going to too. Just really looks to be coming from the front cover.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
My money is on the previous front end engine work inducing a leak. As for LCA bushing, yes they are oil filled and can leak when they wear out. The oil is a small dark oil drop just inboard of the tire. Worn LCA's feel like a clunk in the suspension when going over speed bumps.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
So since I never Follow up with whats was wrong and if it was fixed... The leak was from the front cover. LR fixed it as they just had that all pulled apart three weeks ago when they rebuilt the front of the motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles