Kaiser 6x6 RV. Rogue River, Oregon

rontaki

Observer
What's the top speed of a truck like that?

Judging from the picture of the speedometer, which tops out at 60 MPH, I'd say the top speed,or at least top sustained speed is in the 40 - 50 MPH range.

Note: often you will see much more modern vehicles with an 85 MPH limit, this was due to gummint meddling in an attempt to keep us in line, speed-wise.
In this case, the maximum or cruising speed cannot be reliably determined from the speedometer markings.

from Wikipedia:
On October 1, 1980, in a regulation that also regulated speedometer and odometer accuracy, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) required speedometers to have special emphasis on the number 55 and a maximum speed of 85 mph (137 km/h). However, on October 19, 1980, NHTSA proposed eliminating speedometer and odometer rules because they were "unlikely to yield significant safety benefits" and "[a] highlighted '55' on a speedometer scale adds little to the information provided to the driver by a roadside speed limit sign."

I believe that since then this silliness has been rescinded, although I've heard that speedos are required to lie to us by exaggerating our true road speed; does anyone have better info on this?

Last edited:

rabble

Observer
Looks like it needs new tires but that's not a huge deal since you could get government surplus. I'd buy this if i were in the market a the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online