Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Composite fiberglass/foam panel build question

Quote Originally Posted by rruff View Post
    But after seeing what Dow and OC sell for panel core material, I'm not worried. Dow has 20, 30, and 40 psi core, and list the 30 psi variant as being for vehicles.
    Are you located in the States?
    Have you been able to locate a dealer/retailer for the Dow Panel Core 20-30-40 XPS?
    Looks like O-C makes their PinkCore Tight Tolerance Board in 15-25-40-60 XPS.

According to Dows website...

Distributor locations currently available in UK, Germany, France and Ireland only

https://www.dow.com/en-us/building/c...dealer-locator

Quote Originally Posted by stoneburner View Post
    Have you been able to locate a dealer/retailer for the Dow Panel Core 20-30-40 XPS?
    Looks like O-C makes their PinkCore Tight Tolerance Board in 15-25-40-60 XPS.
    As per Idasho, I guess there aren't any. The stuff at the hardware store is the same material, but the panel core sheets have been planed to tight tolerances. I've noticed the OC Foamular varies in thickness a bit, but I can deal with that.
    2016 Toyota Tundra SR 4x4 Double Cab Long Bed 5.7L..... DIY camper on the way...

You can purchase both planed panels in the US, the only caveat is the volumes. I recall it was 60K SF. They are made to order special runs for both Dow and OC, and you don't have to get them in standard sheet sizes. They can do continuous length of close to 20 ft. The cost of those panels are almost double per SF vs standard "stamped" panels.

Yep. That's the usual problem. The HD XPS foams don't have high public demand so they're not usually stocked by Lowes, HD and retail lumber outlets.
    This last autumn I just discovered that HD in my area carries the Foamular 250 year-round.

BTW some of the surfboard epoxies are quick setting (e.g. Resin Research).

RR Kwik Kick:
    Ambient Temperature
    70F (21C) 80F (27C) 90F (32C)

Pot Life
    18 min. 14 min. 11 min.

Set Time - Tack Free
    1.5 hrs. 45 min. 30 min.

2. UV stability is excellent with little or no discoloration in over 1000 hours.

3. This system contains UV absorber which allows it to be used in conjunction with sensitive substrates. I.E. Urethane foam, PVC foam, light colored woods, etc.
    _____
    Last edited by stoneburner; 01-13-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789