Surfboard on top of JB tent?

Dozer Dan

Observer
Has anyone here mounted roof bars or similar to a JB tent to carry surfboards?
I'm was going to use those soft foam roof bars on top but then you need to take the boards off every time you pop the tent. Not the end of the world but I was just wondering if there were any other clever solutions out there?

wild_turkey

I started thinking the same thing since I just picked up a used JB Grand Raid. I have a top storage area in the back of my tent that has some plastic cleats. I'm planning to tie the back end of the boards down to that and use a strap over the surfboards and tent back to the rack for the front. 1 less strap to undo and can also leave the boards on top of the tent. Post it up if you come up with anything.

Dozer Dan

Observer
I have the evasion myself so I don't have the cargo tie downs. I was thinking of a gutter mount system as well. I think that might be the way to go if the right one can be found. I would be very hesitant to drill any holes.

I think weight wise I'd be ok. O'm just looking to add a surfboard. They're not heavy.

Dozer Dan

Observer
Yea, might work. They will just use a regular sail channel though, can be easily got hold of.
I'm not sure straps pulling will be a good idea if it's just glued in place though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles