Trekboxx Camp Tables and Fridge Straps

ckkone

Explorer
I understand they aren't cheap. But there was a need to fit a camp table (two, actually) into a very small space for our 4runner systems. It just so happens they fit in a regular drawer. They also have some other cool features, as described. If you could point my customers to a cheaper table that fulfills those requirements it would save them some money and me a lot of work.

I'd be glad to help, what are the internal dimensions of the drawer?

john61ct

Adventurer
If you know you need the table, putting it in a drawer seems overkill.

Just a slot, a cubby space to slide it in would be fine, just need a clip, retainer to keep it sliding out. That would also give room for a more robust, maybe folding legs approach.

Sorry we all sound so critical, armchair design is easy from a keyboard, your system does look great for those with the funds.

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
I'll +1 that folding legs would have been a better design choice. I do like the look/finish of this table, though.

What is this "Richlite" material? If I were to get raw meat on it, can it be wiped down as easily (and safely) as stainless?

FrontRunner and Eezi Awn offer plenty of very thin tables with folding legs in a variety of sizes. Now if someone is after a table that is specifically as narrow as this 15.25"-wide Trekboxx offering, perhaps there will be less available options.

Yes, Richlite is great for food prep and much easier on your knives. It's the same material the high end cutting boards like Epicurean are made of.

I agree that folding legs can be convenient if designed right, but with the space constraints getting a folding design proved difficult after many prototypes. Another problem with folding legs is you are limited in length due to the mechanism, braces, and the fact that the legs need to nest in each other. This is one reason most if not all of the tables out there are annoyingly low.

Wait you have a drawer that small, that seems like an odd sized drawer? Maybe you could shoehorn this in there or change you design slightly so it fits, only $180.

https://www.equipt1.com/item/k9-camp-table-small

That table shows the problem clearly. It's 22" tall!

I think there is some confusion about the impetus for these. When designing the 4runner system, we essentially had a small amount of free space under the system. So these fit perfectly in the slots underneath the system. I'm offering them to everyone as they turned out to be nice little tables and can also fit in most drawer systems, taking only an inch of space.

If you know you need the table, putting it in a drawer seems overkill.

Just a slot, a cubby space to slide it in would be fine, just need a clip, retainer to keep it sliding out. That would also give room for a more robust, maybe folding legs approach.

Sorry we all sound so critical, armchair design is easy from a keyboard, your system does look great for those with the funds.

No worries. See above.

Last edited:

ckkone

Explorer
Well this is starting to make a little more sense now. I think your systems look great but not within my budget for storing stuff. I think the people that buy your systems will have no issue with a $400 table. For the DIY guy like me with some plywood, electrical conduit and some threaded pipe fittings I could probably make something to fit in that slot.

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
Now the space requirement is making more sense!

How about a way to attach two of these such that they form a single table (using only two leg supports from each table)? That would allow someone to join the two pieces into a much larger, much more usable table space, while still using only four legs overall.

Yep, actually working on it. I'll keep the tables independent but add on perhaps a couple of rigid tabs that use the threaded holes for the legs that wouldn't be used. Stay tuned.

Well this is starting to make a little more sense now. I think your systems look great but not within my budget for storing stuff. I think the people that buy your systems will have no issue with a $400 table. For the DIY guy like me with some plywood, electrical conduit and some threaded pipe fittings I could probably make something to fit in that slot.

I always support diy builds. It's what i like to do as well. Don't always have the time, but it's rewarding...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles