Trekboxx Camp Tables and Fridge Straps

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
Hey folks,
I wanted to let you know about a couple new products and get your feedback. Our new camp tables are now available for pre-order. A limited production run is scheduled for December. After many months of prototyping, we settled on a simple and robust design that packs into an extremely low profile package. They have tig welded, powder coated steel frames and Richlite tops. The cover doubles as a storage bag and the net shelf is perfect for a dish drying rack or extra storage. There are 10 footman loops around the perimeter for hanging utensil rolls, paper towels, etc. They are 31" high so you won't have a back ache while preparing meals. They are a hair over an inch thick when packed so they will fit just about anywhere, including in the drawers of most systems. You can find them here.

We also have some pretty cool fridge tie down straps that we haven't gotten around to advertising much. They are leagues better than the standard cam type straps. They get and stay very tight. Please check them out here and give them a try if you feel so inclined.

I'd love to hear any feedback and answer any questions you may have.

DSC07700-2.jpgDSC07701-2.jpgDSC07705-2.jpgDSC07706-2.jpgDSC07709-2.jpgIMG_9299.jpg

Robert Bills

Explorer
I am interested in your table. Most of the camp tables I've looked at use a table top material that will not stand up to use under a camp stove.

I'm not familiar with Richlite. The company's website indicates that it is a paper/resin product that will withstand 350 degree temperatures.

Are your camp tables suitable for use as a stove table, i.e., are they sturdy enough, do they wobble, can they handle the temperature?

TrekboxX

I am interested in your table. Most of the camp tables I've looked at use a table top material that will not stand up to use under a camp stove.

I'm not familiar with Richlite. The company's website indicates that it is a paper/resin product that will withstand 350 degree temperatures.

Are your camp tables suitable for use as a stove table, i.e., are they sturdy enough, do they wobble, can they handle the temperature?

Richlite is very heat resistant. I have used a number of camp stoves on it. If your stove gets particularly hot on the bottom then you may want to set it on some spacers, but I think you'll be fine. Also, if for some reason you did damage the top, it is replaceable.

The tables do not wobble since the legs screw directly into the table tightly. They are 3/4" x .065" steel tubing. There is some amount of "flex" to the legs due to their small diameter and lack of bracing, but I wouldn't hesitate to stand on one. It won't collapse or anything like that without a significant side load. This design was specifically chosen to keep the table very thin, simple, and rattle-free in transport.

pluton

Adventurer
Are the hold down straps $40 for one , two , or ?
My fridge is a temp install, so one-time tighten straps would be nice. Ratchet straps are too bulky.

TrekboxX

Are the hold down straps $40 for one , two , or ?
My fridge is a temp install, so one-time tighten straps would be nice. Ratchet straps are too bulky.

Sorry for the confusion- it's a full set of 4. You'll love them. I even had to use a couple of them to strap some steel tubing on the roof rack when I forgot my tie down bag in the other truck. They are bomber.

pluton

Adventurer
Thanks for that clarification...$40 for 4 is most agreeable, price-wise.
However, the website also does not give the operating dimensions: How long and how short can they be and still do the job? My installation involves roughly 12-14 inches from fridge handle to floor tiedown.

fireball

Explorer
These straps are awesome! I was lucky enough to win a set at a raffle at the 100s in the Hills event. The ARB straps SUCK compared to these....soooooo much nicer!

harbinger808

Adventurer
Great products as usual!

Just a bit off subject but... am I still holding my breath for a storage solution for a landrover lr4?
;)

TrekboxX

Thanks for that clarification...$40 for 4 is most agreeable, price-wise.
However, the website also does not give the operating dimensions: How long and how short can they be and still do the job? My installation involves roughly 12-14 inches from fridge handle to floor tiedown.
I make them long (appx 40") and you cut and burn one end if you like.
These straps are awesome! I was lucky enough to win a set at a raffle at the 100s in the Hills event. The ARB straps SUCK compared to these....soooooo much nicer!
Glad you like em!
Great products as usual!

Just a bit off subject but... am I still holding my breath for a storage solution for a landrover lr4?
;)
Things may be freeing up over here. I'll be somewhat slammed this winter, but after that if we can get some demand in that area, we'll do it.

harbinger808

Adventurer
Trekboxx... I’ll just have to hold my breath a little longerfor my LR4!
Been saving some peanuts since I first saw these for the lucky Toyota crowd :)

ckkone

Explorer
Hey folks,
I wanted to let you know about a couple new products and get your feedback.

Sure, $393 for a table is really expensive. Looks like it would tip easily since is long and narrow. I think legs that fold into the table would be better than these screw in type. There are lots of small camp tables out there that do everything this table does but better. I think you have come up with a solution to a problem that does not exist.

The fridge straps look better than the ARB.

TrekboxX

Sure, $393 for a table is really expensive. Looks like it would tip easily since is long and narrow. I think legs that fold into the table would be better than these screw in type. There are lots of small camp tables out there that do everything this table does but better. I think you have come up with a solution to a problem that does not exist.

The fridge straps look better than the ARB.

I understand they aren't cheap. But there was a need to fit a camp table (two, actually) into a very small space for our 4runner systems. It just so happens they fit in a regular drawer. They also have some other cool features, as described. If you could point my customers to a cheaper table that fulfills those requirements it would save them some money and me a lot of work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94