Who wants to sell their Fuso?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I'm surprised you are selling already. You building another?

Your camper is cool but it's too much truck and not enough camper for us. If it was single cab walk through I'd be researching the importation process right now.

Thanks for the offer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Don't tell my wife that I offered the truck to you :) She loves it and can't wait to hit the road with it. I loved the building process and can't wait to start the next one. In any case, right now we are working on the vinyl wrap for the cab, composite wind deflector/ storage above drivers cab, A/T tires, rear lagguge/tire carrier (should be powder coated this week)..... There is always something to do :)
Good luck in your search!

rruff

Explorer
I don't think a pickup platform will be able to handle the weight of what I plan to build. I'm definitely thinking more huffalump and less Tacoma.

I see, totally different from my approach.

Have you looked into the military trucks (LMTV) that are sold cheap? Would be much more heavy duty than the Fuso. You'd need to add the camper.

e30d430fc202871e637077cb48590eb9--expedition-truck-adventure-campers.jpg

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo

Have you looked into the military trucks (LMTV) that are sold cheap? Would be much more heavy duty than the Fuso. You'd need to add the camper.

Not to sidetrack too much, but the photo is of a Steyr 12M18. A common misconception is the 12M18 and LMTV series are the 'same trucks'.
They share the sheet metal of the cab (sort of), and nothing else.
12M18-1078.jpg

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
We want an older chassis so we can entertain the idea of going to south America. That makes the sprinter 4x4 a no go.

Those of us with the pre-DEF trucks are pretty darn happy with them. They don't come up for sale very often.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Those of us with the pre-DEF trucks are pretty darn happy with them. They don't come up for sale very often.

No and I wouldn't sell mine here in Australia. Not going anywhere near computerized/DEF trucks. Myself I would buy an early Canter and do a total rebuild and come out cheaper than a late model one with "problems".

Just My idea,
Dan.

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Don't tell my wife that I offered the truck to you :) She loves it and can't wait to hit the road with it. I loved the building process and can't wait to start the next one. In any case, right now we are working on the vinyl wrap for the cab, composite wind deflector/ storage above drivers cab, A/T tires, rear lagguge/tire carrier (should be powder coated this week)..... There is always something to do :)
Good luck in your search!
Your secret is safe with me and the other thousand that read this thread. Keep the pictures coming on your project. I enjoy watching the evolution.

Mattersnots

Adventurer

I was all over the lmtv. Until I saw and drove one in person. Not the kind of vehicle I would want to drive daily. If anyone is thinking of this chassis make sure you drive one before diving in.

P.S. The steyr would be much preferred over the M1078 if I was going that route.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I was all over the lmtv. Until I saw and drove one in person. Not the kind of vehicle I would want to drive daily. If anyone is thinking of this chassis make sure you drive one before diving in.

P.S. The steyr would be much preferred over the M1078 if I was going that route.

So why not a Mercedes LKW?
Underpowered by American standards (just like the Fuso, so maybe it is 'our standards' and not the ROW), but not a bad ride, non-electronic, huge selection of GVW (9-17 tons) , HP/TQ (130-330hp), cab, and bed length?
OK parts support in the US and better in the ROW.
fuso-1017s.jpg
2017-11-30_11h56_51.png

Mattersnots

Adventurer
So why not a Mercedes LKW?
Underpowered by American standards (just like the Fuso, so maybe it is 'our standards' and not the ROW), but not a bad ride, non-electronic, huge selection of GVW (9-17 tons) , HP/TQ (130-330hp), cab, and bed length?
OK parts support in the US and better in the ROW.
View attachment 426959
View attachment 426960
I would certainly consider the Mercedes. As you stated, my biggest concerns would be parts availability and serious lack of power.

The Artisan

Adventurer
My pod prototype will be done over the holidays and my 07 Fuso FE 4x4 conversion with rebuilt F350 superduty 4.56 with lockers on 37s will be done in late Jan/Feb, what's your budget?.
Kevin

The Artisan

Adventurer
Where is your build thread ;)!
Wont be till I start tearing it apart, working out the details with my buddy that owns a 4x4 shop. If it works out the way I plan, will be offering full turnkey for Fuso Fes like ujoint does for vans...
Kevin

Mattersnots

Adventurer
Hi Kevin. Thanks for jumping in.
I'll keep my budget to myself for now. How about more, (any) details on exactly what you have for sale. I can wait for something really good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles