Who wants to sell their Fuso?

Mattersnots

Adventurer
I'm about a week away from pulling the trigger on the "other" chassis. Still interested in the Fuso. Anyone want to sell theirs for a realistic price? Looking for project or finished. Not interested in anything with a trailer or pickup camper on the back. Pass through or ability to make one is a must. 12 to 15 foot box will work. I'll need to know soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Mattersnots

Adventurer
I guess that is good news that no one answered. It might mean that everyone is happy with their camper. The one I was going to buy is sold so I'm still here. Leaning heavily towards an ambulance at this point, but still curious if anyone has something that meets the above criteria.
tom.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
So what is the prompt for you to move from a very well spec'd Dodge to a Fuso (FG I'd guess)?
It can't be horsepower, off-road ability, aftermarket support, cab comfort. So is it just cabin size vs. overall length of a cab-over truck ?

Mattersnots

Adventurer
You guessed it. The dodge was great but just not enough space. A Fuso or similar can provide more than twice the livable space with almost the same outside dimensions. Very important with the ever increasing amount of time spent on the road.

rruff

Explorer
The dodge was great but just not enough space. A Fuso or similar can provide more than twice the livable space with almost the same outside dimensions.

Are you sure about that? A pickup is going to be longer, but it can also be a bit shorter (in height). The Fuso will be more maneuverable in tight quarters for sure.

Heck, I'm building a nearly 12' long camper on my Tundra, not including the cabover which adds 4 ft. Don't think it will be that ponderous.

Joe917

Explorer
Are you sure about that? A pickup is going to be longer, but it can also be a bit shorter (in height). The Fuso will be more maneuverable in tight quarters for sure.

Heck, I'm building a nearly 12' long camper on my Tundra, not including the cabover which adds 4 ft. Don't think it will be that ponderous.

Pick-ups are ponderous compared to cab over trucks.

Mattersnots

Adventurer
How about a 2001 with a CDI engine, true 4x4 and dif locks? View attachment 426534
I'm surprised you are selling already. You building another?

Your camper is cool but it's too much truck and not enough camper for us. If it was single cab walk through I'd be researching the importation process right now.

Thanks for the offer.

Mattersnots

Adventurer

I'm sure about nothing. I have owned a lot of good campers though so have a real good idea of what I want. I don't think a pickup platform will be able to handle the weight of what I plan to build. I'm definitely thinking more huffalump and less Tacoma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles