Ruso's 2000 LC

RusoArmo

Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking on here for a few weeks and finally decided to take the plunge and post.

Little about me,
I live in the Greater Seattle area and am fairly active on a popular firearms board here. I enjoy the outdoors, shooting, fishing, etc. when I'm not at work. I've always loved cars and modifying them but never had a proper outdoor vehicle. I did have a pretty sweet Mazdaspeed3, E30 and E38. Now I'm boring and daily drive a '15 Corolla.

Last year, I scored a sweet 2000 4Runner with the TRD supercharger and 93k miles. I got it for a steal. I ordered and picked up OME suspension and an ARB bumper with intentions of installing it the following weekend. Unfortunately, around 2AM 1/1/17, my wife totaled my 4Runner driving us home. We were fine, the car was not. I did manage to sell off the supercharger to a local 4Runner guy before insurance took her away.

Saddened by my loss, I bought a 2003 Montero Sport to serve as an interim vehicle. It pulled my small fishing boat and took me on shooting trips. It worked, but I didn't love it. It was for lack of a better term, just a car. I decided that it's time for me to get myself into something I can truly love, modify and enjoy driving.

Enter the 2000 LC.

Up in Seattle, LCs are rather pricey. I wouldn't say over-priced (in most cases) but a decent chunk of coin. I decided to expand my search down to LA where my sister and brother-in-law live. After a couple of weeks, hours on the phone and my BIL kicking *** at the dealership, I was able to get myself a 2000 LC with 140k miles, decent service record, TB/WP/Heater Ts done for $10,000.

Below are the photos after my BIL picked it up and took it to his car wash to get worked over (Strong plug for Sunset Car Wash if you're in the LA area).
7Shs8tk.jpg

Cq43Ho6.jpg

dBfdOMD.jpg

KKZIBtc.jpg

Xk4etkY.jpg

t10Luv6.jpg

I was lucky that my parents were down in LA for a wedding a couple days later and my dad drove her up for me. Jealous I couldn't make the trip but with my work schedule and a 5 month old at home, I was much appreciated.

This past weekend, I finally had a chance to test her out. My friend invited me on a trip from Steven's Pass through some trail where we ended up on the tip of Lake Wenatchee.
VjK9Eb8.jpg

LYco8oQ.jpg

SCB6uPV.jpg

It was a really fun trip and was so happy to see my completely stock LC was keeping up just fine with a lifted 4Runner and LX570. Didn't skip a beat.

I have a lot of plans for this truck in the future. Will be taking out the 3rd row and running boards this coming weekend. As funds allow I'd like better tires, wheels (not a fan of chrome), lift and armor.

RusoArmo

Thanks everyone.

I do owe the cleanliness to Sunset Car Wash. They did an amazing job detailing it. The paint was smooth as butter.

Now for me to get her dirty :)

Plan to remove the running boards, 3rd row seat and crank the torsion bar this weekend assuming all goes to plan.

pbe gummi bear

Nice truck, RusoArmo. What's going on with your friend's LC side molding? It looks like they are removed? In any case, it looks nice too.

CSG

Explorer
People forget just how capable these are stock. Other than removing the running boards and putting on a set of KO2's (came to me with a set of Big O AT tires, made by Cooper, and I ran those until they were done), the vehicle is stock. I don't "wheel" so lots of the aftermarket stuff that most members do here is needless expense for me. Run it for awhile before you add weight and expense, you might be surprised (unless you bought it to run trails rather than as an all-around daily driver).

BTW, that detail job looked amazing. Mine is certainly due for one.

RusoArmo

Nice truck, RusoArmo. What's going on with your friend's LC side molding? It looks like they are removed? In any case, it looks nice too.

The only LC in the photos is mine :) The side moldings are there, just the snow/lighting blends it I suppose.

People forget just how capable these are stock. Other than removing the running boards and putting on a set of KO2's (came to me with a set of Big O AT tires, made by Cooper, and I ran those until they were done), the vehicle is stock. I don't "wheel" so lots of the aftermarket stuff that most members do here is needless expense for me. Run it for awhile before you add weight and expense, you might be surprised (unless you bought it to run trails rather than as an all-around daily driver).

BTW, that detail job looked amazing. Mine is certainly due for one.

The detail was amazing indeed, paint feels almost as smooth as my 5 month olds butt.

I did buy this to be a weekend, fishing, camping, hunting rig. Not my daily.

I'm planning to get AT tires first as that's what is holding me down the most. Slowly I'll do armor with winch, lift, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke