Vanilla Gorilla: 2017 Power Wagon build

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nice updates, I'll likely be doing the brake pad upgrade prior to my first oil change, the stock brakes suck IMHO.

I'd have to agree with you in regards to the Camp Chef stove, they are horridly flimsy and overpriced for what they are. I am rocking my fathers 1974 Coleman 425E and I found a 1980 425E new in the box at an estate sale a few weeks back for $17. I recently picked up a propane adapter generator for it so that I have the option to run bottles as well should I run out of white fuel or simply don't feel like messing with it. I forsee a Partner Stove in my future as well, but with two pristine older 425's, I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon.

Last edited:
yeah thats correct. the yellows are a little more aggressive than the greens, and dust more as well. If you dont want to deal with the dust, the greens are the way to go. I wash my truck whenever i can though, because im OCD AF so the dust doesn't bother me

Thanks! Ya I don’t mind the dust and once everything is added to the truck and the occasional times I load the rhino into the bed the added stopping power of the yellows has my interest.

jayjayb11

Great build man. How far did you have to hammer in the pinch weld to get the 37’s in there? Did that take care of all the rubbing for you? I was under the impression that it required a little more work to get 37’s on.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Great build man. How far did you have to hammer in the pinch weld to get the 37’s in there? Did that take care of all the rubbing for you? I was under the impression that it required a little more work to get 37’s on.

i hammered it totally flat against the body. it took care of most of the rubbing against the firewall. really all i have now is on stuff at about 75% turn. really the only thing that is going to fix that is pushing the front axle forward, and being that AEV is the only MFG to make a kit to do that with their control arm relocation brackets, i probably won't ever do it. I had hoped that Carli's control arms were longer than stock, but they are exactly the same dimensions as stock, so it doesn't help me at all.

the other contact point is the front bumper and fender liner - but the bumper is coming off soon and the liner has been trimmed. so, all good for the moment.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
i hammered it totally flat against the body. it took care of most of the rubbing against the firewall. really all i have now is on stuff at about 75% turn. really the only thing that is going to fix that is pushing the front axle forward, and being that AEV is the only MFG to make a kit to do that with their control arm relocation brackets, i probably won't ever do it. I had hoped that Carli's control arms were longer than stock, but they are exactly the same dimensions as stock, so it doesn't help me at all.

the other contact point is the front bumper and fender liner - but the bumper is coming off soon and the liner has been trimmed. so, all good for the moment.

Can you post pics of the two areas you are talking about? I am having the Thuren springs put on tomorrow and 37's go on next week, I'd like to see what I need to mod before they go on, thanks!

Wilbah

Adventurer
Sweet build! I really like this. Looks great and I like how thoughtful you are in your approach to what you put on, not just doing bling stuff.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
rear Expedition One bumper shipped today via LTL. should be here on the 17th so i'll either have to schedule delivery or go pick it up at the freight yard. White Knuckle sliders should be shipping any day now

Explorerinil

Observer

AEV’s kit pushes the front axle forward with an offset coil spacer

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
AEV’s kit pushes the front axle forward with an offset coil spacer

the coil arc is corrected with the offset coil spacer, but the radius arms are pushed forward about an 1 1/8th inch with the geometry correction brackets. The 37 -> 40 conversion pack places an additional spacer on the Geometry bracket that pushes the axle forward an additional 1 1/2"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne