Vanilla Gorilla: 2017 Power Wagon build

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
So I just sold my 2010 Toyota 4Runner because, while Toyota makes really reliable trucks has an incredible background - its just super dated, underpowered and not that great off-road.

SO after a lot of thought and being in the right place at the right time, I picked up this 2017 White Power Wagon with only 14k on the clock. Im really happy with it so far and the 6.4 is a dream. I have big plans for the truck and I'm starting to put stuff together. As it sits right now its totally stock.

IMG_1088 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

IMG_1165 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

IMG_1116 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

53219916037__C2B4B67D-990F-4846-A784-B6B9826C7EA7 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

IMG_1216 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

IMG_1167 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

Last edited:

STREGA

Explorer
Good lookin truck, love the PW. I would have gotten one again but unfortunately it can not tow as much as I need to tow. The 6.4L is a great engine indeed.

harv3589

Adventurer
Following this one. I have the exact same truck but the ‘16 model...same colour

Love mine so far and have put 50,000 Kms on it already.

Great truck! Loving my 15, you must be loving the new one!
I'm just looking to improve the hauling, towing numbers a bit. Subscribed for your build.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Great truck! Loving my 15, you must be loving the new one!
I'm just looking to improve the hauling, towing numbers a bit. Subscribed for your build.

i won't be towing, the bed will get used a few dozen times a year and thats it. if anything i'll be making it worse with 37's

D45

Explorer
Nice truck, too many graphics for me

I love that you can lock the front and rear diffs and then also disconnect the sway bar

vasily

Adventurer
Sweet truck. I’m a huge fan. Even though I’ll never own one. Subscribed for the journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halligan

Adventurer
You bought a Power Wagon, why a "build" thread? It comes "built" from the factory..... Just kidding, always room for improvement. I love my 2015 and smile every time I drive it. Look forward to seeing how you improve your wagon.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
You bought a Power Wagon, why a "build" thread? It comes "built" from the factory..... Just kidding, always room for improvement. I love my 2015 and smile every time I drive it. Look forward to seeing how you improve your wagon.

i have literally no desire to change anything in the suspension other than shocks, and really the only mods i want to do are sliders, bedside, bed rack, aux lighting, and 37s

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
did a fog lamp upgrade. the factory bulbs are 9145's and are 42watts. they weigh in somewhere between 900-1000 lumens. I replaced them with 9005's which are 65 watts (same bulbs that are in the high and low beam positions) and throw out between 1900-2000 lumens. I also elected for the Hella Optliux XY bulbs, which ive used in the past with great results.

IMG_1279 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

the 9005 bulb uses nearly the same base as the 9145, but the left side lug is a little deeper down the arc. trimming it with a pair of side cutters and filing smooth lets the bulb work its way into the housing

IMG_1280 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

heres with the new bulb in the passenger side. its kind of hard to tell the color difference because of the lens staring directly right into the reflector - but the output is SIGNIFICANTLY better and the color is distinctive

IMG_1281 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

also highlighted my shark gills

IMG_1282 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

as she currently sits. some parts should start rolling in a few weeks. Our first two partners on the build is Bedslide who is sending us a Contractor 1500 BedSlide powder coated in our team colors, and the second is Leitner Designs who is building a bed rack for us for our maxtrax, fuel cells, kayak and a big-*** storage bin.

IMG_1320 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

IMG_1323 by Will Marshal, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles