98-04 Tacoma Old Man Emu lift questions

Hey everyone I just ordered an old man emu 1.75" lift for my 04 Tacoma double cab. I purchased the setup with the heavy front springs due to having a front bumper and winch. I'm just curious what everyone is doing with their rear leaf springs, are you installing them as a whole pack or are you removing part of the lower springs? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

the spindoctor

Same truck here minus bumper and winch. I went with the medium (882?) springs up front and the full Dakar leaf pack with stock shackles. No regrets at all. Sits level and rides great. My stock springs were pretty much toast at 150k miles so I didn't hesitate to replace them all and be done.

JLee

Adventurer
I had the full Dakar packs on my second Tacoma as well and I liked them. My first had Alcan leaf packs (also worked great, but were more expensive).

Clawhammer

Adventurer
I have Dakar's too. Full pack. The factory leaf's were junk. They were shot before 100k miles and felt like I was riding in a boat on the ocean when on uneven pavement. I've been more than pleased with the performance of the Dakar's though.

codybutz

Observer
I have a 03' and went with the full Dakar packs in the rear with an add a leaf, I have a camper shell on the rear 24/7/365, use it as a truck and haul plenty of tools on the daily. And for what its worth I got the heavier OME springs thinking they would sag with the bumper and winch, 4 yrs later and they haven't at all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94