TJ BRUTE Buildout

Mako1114

Adventurer
A recent JK completed by AXIS Industries did a maiden 800 mile trip and got in the mid 20's with an automatic
Since I went with a true coilover suspension I didn't consider it, also portal cost would have increased the suspension cost about 50%

That sounds like decent range with the 24.5 gallon tank. Out of curiosity, would the 31.5 gallon safari tank worked with the Brute?

Cheers

MuleShoer

Adventurer
I believe the 31.5 tank will require a cross member being moved on a TJ.
For mine the Coilover shocks would be a problem

MuleShoer

Adventurer
Sorry sold the wheels and both Rubicon d44 differentials

The only thing left is the rubicon express short arm suspension with 3.5" lift and Bilsten 5100 shocks

Superduty

Adventurer
This is not a cheap build! Some very nice parts going into this rig.

By your last post, I guess you don't like ball joints? Did you look at the 99+ Ford superduty ball joint set up? Many many vehicles running them these days. Countless Ford Superduty trucks and then countless aftermarket Dana 60 set ups in rock crawlers etc. There are a number of complaints as there are with anything, including king pins. I have them on my 99 F350 with 7.3 diesel with no complaints and on my TJ with 9 inch front and 37" tires - again no complaints.

I'll be following this build. Good luck.

MuleShoer

Adventurer
This is not a cheap build! Some very nice parts going into this rig.

By your last post, I guess you don't like ball joints? Did you look at the 99+ Ford superduty ball joint set up? Many many vehicles running them these days. Countless Ford Superduty trucks and then countless aftermarket Dana 60 set ups in rock crawlers etc. There are a number of complaints as there are with anything, including king pins. I have them on my 99 F350 with 7.3 diesel with no complaints and on my TJ with 9 inch front and 37" tires - again no complaints.

This is a high end build, not typical off the shelf parts. I keep saying once in a lifetime but having a long life changes things...LOL
We did look at the ford ball joints but field repair is problematic with out the special tools. The current target area of use is long distance / duration expedition style rallies with 80%+ off road 10-16 day trips

greatplns

Looks great. I managed to get one of the last kits. Mine went on an 04 Rubicon. I swapped in a 6.0 LS2 out of a wrecked G8. I also used the 6L80E transmission from the same car. After the initial trial and error phase it's dialed in and is a good combination. I drove from Kansas to Moab and got 19.3 mpg going 75 down I70. I had a 20 gallon automatic fuel transfer tank made that extends the range way past my bladder. Good seeing another Brute that will get off pavement.

big a

Adventurer
This is a great build! Please keep posting updates as I'm very interested in what/how you're building your rig!
-Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles