Newbie looking for sage advice

SitkaTundra

Morning everyone!

I am looking for some advice on RTTs and setups. I drive a 2010 Toyota Tundra double cab with a 6.6' bed. I have a wife and 2 toddlers. We love camping and I am looking at getting an RTT for us. That being said, I am a big boy (300+ lbs). I am hoping to get some input on some setups that I could look at running. I am not opposed to a trailer. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well, there are some basic questions you need to find answers to first of all...

1) Do you want a hardshell tent or a soft-shell tent?

2) Do you plan on using it while on the go (traveling and setting up/tearing down daily) or setting up camp in the same area for a few days at a time?

3) With a bigger tent for a family comes more weight. You need to add up the weight of yourself and your family plus the tent you wish to own and make sure that your support system or “rack” can handle.

I recently went through the same decision process hole lookin for a RTT for my 2014 FJ Cruiser “Swamp Donkey” build. There are some good comparisons in my thread if you want to peruse:
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/184076-A-good-problem-to-have-Step-Inside!-Advice-welcome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles