Custom hard-side camper manufacturers

jetlag

Starting this thread to gather a good list of truck camper manufacturers that will build custom hard-side rigs for overlanding. Most of the off the shelf companies (Bigfoot, Lance, Northstar, etc...) are just too oriented to the freeway mass market and don't meet the weight, strength, boondocking requirements most of us need. There seems to be no shortage of popup manufacturers but i'm diving into the hardside market because i'm sick of tent camping :)

Here's who i've discovered so far:
-BunduVry - Reading lots of good stuff on here about them
-Hallmark - Releasing their CEV line soon
-Phoenix Popup - Their website shows a great looking hard-side rig they custom built
-Camper Logic
-Overland Explorer
-Bahn Camperworks -Looks like the most quality but pricey. Custom rigs start at $115,000.

-Idacamper -Have they made any yet? Their site just shows renderings.
-Panther Campers - Are they still around? They used to build completely custom aluminum hard-sides

Chime in with manufacturers you know that have built hard-sides that can withstand some washboard, bathrooms are just an option and don't come loaded with silly appliances that require you be plugged in.

Last edited:

Pateuni

Our BunduVry is under construction. They build with consideration to weight and back country camping. Quality is excellent and customization extensive. Pricing is very reasonable. Rory builds each unit as if it will be for him. Can't say enough positive things about our experience.

jetlag

Our BunduVry is under construction. They build with consideration to weight and back country camping. Quality is excellent and customization extensive. Pricing is very reasonable. Rory builds each unit as if it will be for him. Can't say enough positive things about our experience.

Awesome. I'm reading great stuff on them through here and they seem to build for you from the ground up which it doesnt even seem like 4 wheel campers or any of those let you do.

Camperlogic.com

Sweet! Definitely hadn't heard of these guys, adding it to the list. They look great and I like that they're based in Minnesota. They must know how to insulate and seal their units well.

Last edited:

Darwin

Explorer
Quote Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Camperlogic.com
Sweet! Definitely hadn't heard of these guys, adding it to the list. They look great and I like that they're based in Minnesota. They must know how to insulate and seal their units well.
He has a build thread on the forum, in the earthroamer section above this one.

bahncamperworks

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
We do full custom hard sided camper as well:

www.bahncamperworks.com

We've been busy with a few customer builds but have a spec camper that is under way that we will do a write up on if time allows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
FYI, Idacamper has been pushed nearly entirely to a design and consultation company.
Still working on re-sculpting that image, and updating the site and FB

Repairs, alterations, etc, regardless of MFG we can address, but we are not currently taking orders for custom units.

With that said, if any MFGs out there reading this that might want to team up in some manner,
so I can properly hand off clients to you on a case by case basis, certainly drop me a line. :)

bj3nk5

Bump for this thread. Has anyone seen any new ones out there over the past year?

I really love the XP Camper design, but still want to build my own rig.
Bahn has a nice one too, but the shell starts at $45k.

Any other directions I should be looking in?

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Arclab in Winnipeg Canada is a new and upcoming builder that is using our system.

Attachments

• cab over camper 02.jpg
    cab over camper 02.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 180

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles