bedliner vs stone guard for lower truck 1/4

02rangeredge

Adventurer
the lower 1/4 of my truck has seen better days, surface rust to sand and neutralize, paint chips, stuff like that but my question is which is more durable, stone or chip guard or bed liner? I know bedliner at least in truck beds has a tendency to get pretty gnarled so I don't know how it'd take a rock at speeds, where chip guard is designed to- so has anyone used the chip guard? how's it hold up? and brands of bedliner (rattle can) to avoid?

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Many of us are using Oracal vinyl wrap on the bottom half of the truck. Just smooth out the rust and bumps, and apply it over. Replace as needed. It's cheap and looks decent.

I have to decide between white on a white truck, or flat black bottom half..........

1211or-11%2Bno-paint-facelift-vinyl-wrap-installation%2B2011-ford-f250-super-duty.gif

Last edited:

DLTooley

Observer
I did mine with bed liner this summer. So far so good. If you are only doing the lower trim a gallon will give you leftovers. I did my mixing with a digital scale in small batches and have some left over for touch up purposes. No idea how the color will fade.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I did mine with bed liner this summer. So far so good. If you are only doing the lower trim a gallon will give you leftovers. I did my mixing with a digital scale in small batches and have some left over for touch up purposes. No idea how the color will fade.

how much offroad/ dirt road action has it seen? I end up on a lot of dirt roads so gravel can be a *****

DLTooley

Observer
Not long enough to say for sure. I used ALS, available in 3 colors or customizable with standard tints. It definitely sets up quick, even when mixed at the lower catalyst ratio. I can't imagine spraying. You do want to make sure you prep fully. It doesn't take a lot of sanding but it should be thorough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles