Alibaba Fridges?

djb5118

I've noticed a fair amount of 12v fridge options on Alibaba. Does anyone have experience with these? Any feedback beyond "it's not an ARB, Engel, etc"...?

I might roll the dice on one.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I've noticed a fair amount of 12v fridge options on Alibaba. Does anyone have experience with these? Any feedback beyond "it's not an ARB, Engel, etc"...?

I might roll the dice on one.

Might help if you shared some links. The vast majority aren't really fridges (i.e. don't have a compressor), just thermoelectric coolers that will suck power and really not do much.

pugslyyy

You have to click through to get actual pricing and quantities. $195/ea with an MOQ of 100.

https://yungegf.en.alibaba.com/prod...ator_solar_fridge_battery_powered_fridge.html

For consumer quantities of products aliexpress can be a better resource than alibaba (same enterprise, just B2C instead of B2B). I order electronic components from aliexpress and dhgate quite a lot.

pugslyyy

100 units min. order ? Sounds like a group buy is in order...
Makes a guy wonder when Harbor Freight will start selling them...
Possibly one roadblock, expenses of NRTL listing.

If you want a well made but inexpensive fridge the best deal out there right now is https://www.ebay.com/itm/222671995604

If you happen to be in Raleigh North Carolina you can buy them for $100 each at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore

l0Y7nRll.jpg

djb5118

I've been in touch with the alibaba supplier and am working to learn more.

Any addtl info on the envirocooler in the meantime?

Edit: looks like that cooler only goes down to 40F. I wonder if it has a compressor or not.

Last edited:

pugslyyy

I've been in touch with the alibaba supplier and am working to learn more.

Any addtl info on the envirocooler in the meantime?

Edit: looks like that cooler only goes down to 40F. I wonder if it has a compressor or not.

Which are you talking about? The Envirocooler is a free piston stirling cooler that uses helium as the refrigerant. It is certified for 3 years continuous duty for pharmaceuticals, so they have to be taken out of service 36 months after first use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles