E450 4wd build

Lwing

image.jpg
Hi there
Starting a 4wd camper build, found a guy in central Canada with a warehouse full of NEW 2006 e450 vans for sale, with ambulance prep packages cheap. Ambulance boxes avaliable.
Talked to Ujoint a lot, they were awesome. Due to the fact I'm west coast Canada and I already owned a Clydsdale conversion, which was great, I went with them. Ordered a cabback 12" and off for some bullet proof diesel upgrades. Gonna be a slow process. $$$$$
I always liked the Chinook vans, just needed better departure angle and a cab over, independent camper for flex, That's the ballpark plan for now.
More to come, on van conversion
Told the seller I would post them for sale in the for sale section. I had serious problems with the guy I hired to transport the van across Canada and Dennis, the seller was very helpful, I can't thank him enough. With the U.S. Dollar, even at Canadian prices these are an amazing deal. I have no affiliation just very excited and thought I'd share.
Thanks for looking
Lwing

Abitibi

Explorer
Good starting point Lwing!

Where about are you located, I might not be very far from you... What's your plan for the box, custom made or retrofit?

Cheers
David

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Lwing

Hi there, I'm Port Alberni, all vans for sale were 2wd.
The body, I'm not sure about yet, there are some amazing aluminum fabricators here, yet the panels are interesting and there are a couple suppliers around that I've found.
A heads up to owners looking to go to rear singles, those rims are 19.5" Vision heavy haulers, rated for 4500lbs, tires toyo m608z.
I've read all the pros and cons of the 19.5" debate and feel they will be very suitable for my needs.
I tried to contact Hutchison and they showed no interest, contacted Rickson about5 times with zero response.
Clydsdale found these rims for me and they were in stock.
I mentioned I've liked the old Chinooks, but what really got me excited were the Bimobil expedition vehicles on Iveco chassis.
The E450 will work for me, plan on arb lockers, have these in my sidekick and very happy with them. Love the HNC e series moose knuckle bumper, if only aluminum. The Aluminess with brush gaurd for 2006 has terrible lines, looks like they went with the quickest, easiest first bend they came up with, fully functional, but if I'm paying thousands of dollars for something it better look good.
I'd like more diesel, large water capacity, solar and a washer, dryer combo if room. The Van may be used for remote work, and I have washed my socks in a salmon spawning river with results that left me very disappointed.
Cab back, bulletproofing, then aluminum deck, looking at spring mounts currently
158" wheelbase, 21' overall length, ballpark, need to figure out how to mount spare, motorcycle, and work gear.
Will update as I go along
Cheers
Lwing

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Hi there, I'm Port Alberni, all vans for sale were 2wd.
The body, I'm not sure about yet, there are some amazing aluminum fabricators here, yet the panels are interesting and there are a couple suppliers around that I've found.
A heads up to owners looking to go to rear singles, those rims are 19.5" Vision heavy haulers, rated for 4500lbs, tires toyo m608z.
I've read all the pros and cons of the 19.5" debate and feel they will be very suitable for my needs.
I tried to contact Hutchison and they showed no interest, contacted Rickson about5 times with zero response.
Clydsdale found these rims for me and they were in stock.
I mentioned I've liked the old Chinooks, but what really got me excited were the Bimobil expedition vehicles on Iveco chassis.
The E450 will work for me, plan on arb lockers, have these in my sidekick and very happy with them. Love the HNC e series moose knuckle bumper, if only aluminum. The Aluminess with brush gaurd for 2006 has terrible lines, looks like they went with the quickest, easiest first bend they came up with, fully functional, but if I'm paying thousands of dollars for something it better look good.
I'd like more diesel, large water capacity, solar and a washer, dryer combo if room. The Van may be used for remote work, and I have washed my socks in a salmon spawning river with results that left me very disappointed.
Cab back, bulletproofing, then aluminum deck, looking at spring mounts currently
158" wheelbase, 21' overall length, ballpark, need to figure out how to mount spare, motorcycle, and work gear.
Will update as I go along
Cheers
Lwing

Thanks for posting. I have some interest in a Ford cutaway build as well.
So what bolt pattern and size did you go with? 8x6.5 or did you change the rear hubs to 8x170
Are these the wheels? http://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/1763/vision-hd-trucktrailer-81a-heavy-hauler
It appears they have both bolt patterns.

Lwing

Been working lots to pay for next steps,,, those are the wheels, not sure where they were ordered from, it's not really super singles, front and rear axle were changed, there was an issue with e brake relocation on the dually with addition of transfer case. Rear is now a sterling 10.5 so front and rear is 8x170 pattern.
So I asked Brady at Clydsdale what had to be done for those interested
Front e brake cable 2006 e350 Van
Rear cables 2006 f350
Sensors all plug back in
Reposition spring pads
Rebuild rear shock mounts on axle tubes
Hope that helps anyone looking to do this to there Van, glad I left it to someone experienced with conversions
The sterling 10.5 I've read is rated anywhere from 8900lbs to 9750lbs, I think Clydsdale told me 9300lbs, rims are rated for 4500lbs, this gives me numbers to work around, the 10.5 is lower rated in f250,350 do to wheel tire combos and spring package. Back to work, already Google earthing where I'm going, someday,,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94