Torsion bars

HartPA

I'm thinking of replacing the torsion bars in my 97 Montero LS sometime in the nearish future. I haven't noticed any problems with them, so its not an urgent issue, but the truck has almost 300,000 miles on it, so I figure they're about due. I was looking at a set from Old Man Emu Any advice or opinions? I've been replacing things piece by piece, so far I've got all new brake calipers, ball joints, tie-rod ends, rear universal joints and shocks.

SONICMASD

Adventurer
From what I've heard, OME torsion bars are as good as it gets for Monteros. I have them on my rig but I can't say how they compare to your oem ones because they were already on my vehicle when I bought it so I wasn't able to feel a before and after. If I needed Torsion Bars, I'd jump on the $200 ones listed on the Facebook Garage sale page today that Bobby posted.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I installed them on my 98 and am very happy with them, but why do you think you need them? The stock ones really don't "wear out" per say and are fine unless you intend to add weight to the vehicle, but rust is another story where you live, I stuck my stock ones in the garage in case anyone needs them.

HartPA

I installed them on my 98 and am very happy with them, but why do you think you need them? The stock ones really don't "wear out" per say and are fine unless you intend to add weight to the vehicle, but rust is another story where you live, I stuck my stock ones in the garage in case anyone needs them.

Well, like I said, its mainly just the number of miles on them, I haven't been having problems, and I want to make sure it stays that way. As it happens, the OMEs are within my price range, so I figured I may as well go with them, but thought it'd be a good idea to ask about them here, since you guys know more than I do.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I run the Sway-A-Way bars with Adventure Driven Design progressive rate coils, this has been the best setup I've run so far. The OME setup was pretty good too though, just not as good at being awesome loaded and unloaded.

Swank Force One

Adventurer
My oem ones are extremely worn out. Wont even level the truck front to back if i crank them to the max.

I ordered Sway A Ways from ADD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke