Big50's 2017 F250 Build

Big50

Adventurer
Thanks for all the kind words fellas!

Nice build thus far! I'm interested to see what you do with the bed chain... I've never seen that done before. I've been looking hard at one of these in the supercab config. I'd love the 4 doors, but these things make my crew cab Silverado look like a mid-size.

They are huge trucks...that is for sure lol. Here's a quick video I posted on IG. You can see how I use it to secure cargo.

Been waiting for this thread. Love that silver color

haha me too! Seemed like forever waiting for parts.

Did you do the softopper brand cover, or the bestop version? Love the rig, and keep the pics coming.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I went softopper because I didn't want the side windows. The either topper don't offer any security other than out of site. And fewer windows are better for that. Plus since the main reason I'm getting it is to be able to sleep in it I wanted less light to come in mornings and more privacy.

Took the truck out for it's maiden voyage down the 395 this weekend. I could not be happier with the truck. The suspension allowed me to keep a decent pace down rutted out dirt roads. Not like the Raptor but for such a heavy pig it was awesome. Slept super comfy with a folding 4" memory foam mattress. Really loving this truck!

The softopper did amazingly well. There was a wind advisory on the 395. Topper stood up to some nasty gusts no problem Also kept everything dry during 4 plus hours of rain and snow on the way back Sunday.

Oh and I'm becoming addicted to the 395 and all it's beautiful spots to explore lol.

_G7A5454 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5441 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5570 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5646 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5641 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5625 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5628 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5619 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5465 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5437 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5470 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5473 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5492 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5506 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5511-2 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5584 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5537 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5511 by Big5050, on Flickr

_G7A5567 by Big5050, on Flickr

Awesome photos and great build. I'm totally stealing the chain tie-down idea - simple and functional.

How are you carrying your spare tire? I don't think I see it under the bed, didn't see it in the bed.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Thanks for the vid. Thats an awesome idea! My entire garage is organized in those bins from costco. Im talking 50+ of them. Going to have to steal it from you as well.

fnjeep314

Observer
Love the rig, Raptor too. I've got 2 questions for you.

1. What running boards are you running on the 250? They dont look stock and I need replacements and I dig they way those look.

2. What lights do you have on your Raptor up on the hood hinge? Are they the same KC lights that you are running in the front bumper?

You are wheeling in areas in Death Valley where I used to go back in the early to mid 2000's. Such a fun area. I miss it a lot. Nothing like this on east coast.

Big50

Adventurer
Awesome photos and great build. I'm totally stealing the chain tie-down idea - simple and functional.

How are you carrying your spare tire? I don't think I see it under the bed, didn't see it in the bed.

Right on, it's something I saw a guy do a few years ago on some guys truck and stuck with me. I still need to get a full size spare. I normally wouldn't go out without one but the stock tire size is 34" which I figured is big enough to limp home on. I've been running Falkens for a while now on the Raptor and they have been bullet proof as well. Plus, I had a compressor and patch kit.

Thanks for the vid. Thats an awesome idea! My entire garage is organized in those bins from costco. Im talking 50+ of them. Going to have to steal it from you as well.

Right on...it is super functional and easily removed.

Love the rig, Raptor too. I've got 2 questions for you.

1. What running boards are you running on the 250? They dont look stock and I need replacements and I dig they way those look.

2. What lights do you have on your Raptor up on the hood hinge? Are they the same KC lights that you are running in the front bumper?

You are wheeling in areas in Death Valley where I used to go back in the early to mid 2000's. Such a fun area. I miss it a lot. Nothing like this on east coast.

How well does it ride and track on the highway with the Icon kit? What kind of MPG are you seeing?

Running boards are Go Rhino RB 20's. They look like the Gen2 Raptor running boards. They provide a ton of clearance but be aware you'll have to really lift your leg up to get up. I'm happy with them since I'm 6'4". My wife on the other hand hates them since she's 5'2" lol.

Yes, lights are the KC Flex lights. Mounts are from Alternative Offroad.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Great build!! Curious, do you think the GoRhino boards feel as stiff/strong as the factory Raptor steps from Ford?
Thanks!!

BackcountryAggie

Still really liking your truck. You inspired me to go with the Icon, I got a great deal over Black Friday on a stage 2 kit. I ordered a Carli track bar as well, so I’ll have a stage 3 equivalent. Everything should be here by the end of the week, so I’m hopeful for a Saturday install.

Curious what you’re getting MPG wise. My 35” Toyo’s are ~75% tread, so I plan to run them for at least a year longer. I say plan because I love the way the 37s sit on yours and I’m thinking about selling the 35s and ordering a set early.

Hummelator

Adventurer
For years I ragged on dodge for being junk vehicles and then stuffed my foot in my mouth and bought one.
Which left ford to fill the gap. But I have been really impressed lately about their products and your truck I'm drooling over.
I think I see a superduty in the not so distant future...
Sweet truck. I'll be watching.

Ryan Graham

I have a '17 F350 that is leveled with 37's and like your running boards and front air dam. You don't happen to have the 2wd air dam part number laying around do you?

Big50

Adventurer
Great build!! Curious, do you think the GoRhino boards feel as stiff/strong as the factory Raptor steps from Ford?
Thanks!!

I'd say the Raptor ones are stronger but the GoRhino are plenty strong. I weigh about 280 lbs and there's no flex in them.

Still really liking your truck. You inspired me to go with the Icon, I got a great deal over Black Friday on a stage 2 kit. I ordered a Carli track bar as well, so I’ll have a stage 3 equivalent. Everything should be here by the end of the week, so I’m hopeful for a Saturday install.

Curious what you’re getting MPG wise. My 35” Toyo’s are ~75% tread, so I plan to run them for at least a year longer. I say plan because I love the way the 37s sit on yours and I’m thinking about selling the 35s and ordering a set early.

Thanks...that's great to hear. I think you'll be very happy with the icon kit. Mpg wise I'm getting about 14.5 combined. I've got a lot of hills where I live as well.

For years I ragged on dodge for being junk vehicles and then stuffed my foot in my mouth and bought one.
Which left ford to fill the gap. But I have been really impressed lately about their products and your truck I'm drooling over.
I think I see a superduty in the not so distant future...
Sweet truck. I'll be watching.

Lol thanks man. Dodge's aren't to shabby either.

I have a '17 F350 that is leveled with 37's and like your running boards and front air dam. You don't happen to have the 2wd air dam part number laying around do you?

Here's the link from where I bought it. https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-panel_hc3z-17626-ac.html

Just unbolt the air dam.

I would but the bumper has a decent sized lip that is uneven. You'd need to cut it off for it to look clean...and I'm not sure it would even then.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Awesome, thanks! Ordered a set today! And an Iron Cross winch bumper- hope it isn't 'too much', but I need the winch.
After fitting it, I can decide on front suspension lift/adjustment- Carli vs Icon, tough call...
Thanks for keeping up the post, good looking rig!!

5HUB

Observer
Great looking truck, check out Rogue Racing for winch bumper, just ordered one for my Excursion, looks best on the new Super Duty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne