Big50's 2017 F250 Build

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
I have a half ton, I removed the lip and trimmed it. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. It looks 1000x better!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Two guys have 2017 6.7 F-350's in my neighborhood. One is used for work solely. Stock tires etc.
The other is for work and Score race support. I don't no what he'll do south of Guerrero Negro where ULSD is replaced with mainland LSD fuel.
He's deciding which system to use. I believe with Carli being local and their reputation he'll probably go with them.
Both guys love their trucks.

Big50

Adventurer
Awesome, thanks! Ordered a set today! And an Iron Cross winch bumper- hope it isn't 'too much', but I need the winch.
After fitting it, I can decide on front suspension lift/adjustment- Carli vs Icon, tough call...
Thanks for keeping up the post, good looking rig!!

Nice! Should look mean with the bumper and winch. I can get you a good deal for icon through our sponsorship. Just shoot me a dm for more info if you end up wanting to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big50

Adventurer
Great looking truck, check out Rogue Racing for winch bumper, just ordered one for my Excursion, looks best on the new Super Duty.

That’s what I’m likely going to go with if I go aftermarket. I’m content with stock for now. But I do want to get rid of all the chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big50

Adventurer
Two guys have 2017 6.7 F-350's in my neighborhood. One is used for work solely. Stock tires etc.
The other is for work and Score race support. I don't no what he'll do south of Guerrero Negro where ULSD is replaced with mainland LSD fuel.
He's deciding which system to use. I believe with Carli being local and their reputation he'll probably go with them.
Both guys love their trucks.

That's interesting - do you know what he did to solve the fuel issue?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Looking good Big50! That's a very similar setup to mine, I have the same plans in regards to its use as a Overland/Camping/Adventure rig that occasionally tows. I was supposed to have my lift put on a few months back, but delays with Fox on the coil-overs and delays with my personal finances after the beating we took with Harvey pushed it back to this month. I have a set of Toyo RT's in 37x12.50R20 set to go on my truck, but the more I see these Falken MT's on full size Fords the more I like the look and second guess the RT's. Do you think I should reconsider?

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Just talked to a friend who has put 80k miles on his Toyo's, 37/12.50-20 RT's!! And he loves them!
I have used both the Falken A/T-3 (currently on my F-150) and Toyo's (though not the new RT's- which I am planning to go with on my F-350), and have no complaints on either...

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Just talked to a friend who has put 80k miles on his Toyo's, 37/12.50-20 RT's!! And he loves them!
I have used both the Falken A/T-3 (currently on my F-150) and Toyo's (though not the new RT's- which I am planning to go with on my F-350), and have no complaints on either...

I ran Toyo Open Country M/T's on my 2012 F-250 and I loved them, albeit they grew louder as they wore and I barely got 35,000 miles out of them, but they were far and away better than the Nitto's they replaced. I had the Cooper STT Pro MT's on my 2016 F-250 and they held up quite well with more than half of the tread remaining at 30,000 miles. I liked how they looked, the price tag, and they rode well for a full bore MT, they too grew louder over time. I have the Toyo RT's picked out for the 2017 build as they are kind of the new kid on the block and a less aggressive MT or more aggressive AT if you will. I don't like the looks of them as much for that very reason, but I expect them to ride better, last longer, and be more appropriate for the type of use that the truck will see the majority of the time. The reason I inquired about the Falken's is because I like their classic MT look and the price is excellent, not to mention the number of full size rigs I have been seeing them on lately. This has to mean that they hold up well to the weight of a full size.

b9ev

Adventurer
I replaced my 37x13.50 Toyo MTs with RTs. The RTs are quieter, a little softer and grip well. They do not eject mud nearly as well as the MTs, more gravel stays stuck in the treads, and they squirm a tad bit more on the freeway. As I replaced them after last winter I have limited experience in ice and snow. From my one experience in 1" of snow and ice they seem to get the truck moving just fine.

Edit: for my uses I will be going back to MTs most likely

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I replaced my 37x13.50 Toyo MTs with RTs. The RTs are quieter, a little softer and grip well. They do not eject mud nearly as well as the MTs, more gravel stays stuck in the treads, and they squirm a tad bit more on the freeway. As I replaced them after last winter I have limited experience in ice and snow. From my one experience in 1" of snow and ice they seem to get the truck moving just fine.

Edit: for my uses I will be going back to MTs most likely

Good to hear some real world feedback from another full size user! I can't stand how the small rocks get stuck in the tread of the BFG AT's and then get slung out like pellets to wreck your paint or the windshield of the guy behind you, so if they are anything like that I will be irritated. I don't like the sound of them being somewhat "squirmy" on the highway either, that typically means they are even worse when under a load. I might have to rethink this.

RPhil

Adventurer
Following along with this tire discussion. I'm torn between Toyo MT's and RT's. Currently have the AT2, but am looking to step up to 37's and get a more aggressive tread.

However, I also almost never tow, so I will probably stick with the load range D 12.5" wide tires; they also still have more load capacity than my rear axle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles