1991 Mercedes T1 210D 4x4 project

thegoodnowdays

I imported this to Seattle in July and now starting to repair and build. Am I in the right place?

We will be heading far North and South from Seattle in the coming years. Just enjoying the good now days.

-justin

Last edited:

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Your photo doesn't show for me. But welcome to the club. We drive/live in our T1N, so I have some appreciation for Mercedes (and some hatred too). Post some photos up though! I love the boxy older euro vans!

What engine does that have in it? OM602?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Yes - this is the right place for a person with such an excellent rig.

I am just north of you up in Skagit county and have a 2002 Sprinter, a Pinzgauer and various Citroen 2cv's. Hope to get the chance to meet up and check out your van some time. Is it gas or diesel?

thegoodnowdays

A few pics

I was having a heck of a time posting these. It seems like I am a few years rusty on using forums.
IMG_5910.JPGIMG_7422.jpgIMG_7680.jpg
Anyways, It is quite a machine and seems to drive well although it has spent a few months in the shop getting some hidden rust attended to.

210D rust2.jpg

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Mmmm, tasty. Have you considered a TD swap for more power?

Also, does it have the dual range transfer case?

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
Great looking van, I'd be interested to hear more about it. Mercedes did not make those models of van in 4x4, but if I remember there was a company doing aftermarket conversions using G-wagen parts, it might have been Iglhaut.

I used to have a 310d, the 5 pot normally aspirated engine is not going to win any races but it's reliable and simple.

thegoodnowdays

Mmmm, tasty. Have you considered a TD swap for more power?

Also, does it have the dual range transfer case?

Probably no TD for now, the goal is massive reliability which the OM602 is known for.
It has a dual range transfer case, the W460. Fully enclosed by a massive skid plate. All 4x4 parts are G Wagen installed when new by Iglhaut although Rear locker was factory installed.

Previous life: https://youtu.be/YRix1NL7iu0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne