Anyone with a 23Zero Litchfield that can help me with some questions.

Sunpilot

Observer
I'm building a roof rack for my 2007 4Runner. I am buying a 23Zero Litchfied tent to go on the rack. Since I'm almost done with the rack I need a few measurements so the tent will fit properly. The literature is not very specific in some areas. I'm assuming the tent can be mounted so it opens to the rear or over the side. Is that correct? Is there a span limit for the rails under the tent? My rack is about 45" wide and the tent will open off the side, so that will be about 1 1/2" overhang on each side. Is that ok? I know the tent is 54" wide, but what are the distances between the mounting rails and how far inboard of the side of the tent are they? I need these measurements so I make sure not to place the rack's mounting brackets where the tent mounting channels will be resting, so it can be secured to the rack. I appreciate any help I can get. I did call the dealer, but he has no idea until the tent is here!

schuy249

Observer
I don't own a Litchfield but it was one of the options on my list. I believe you'll be fine as the measurements (closed) are 47" x 56". You stated you'll be mounting the tent so it opens to the side which will be fine. The 56" will be your front to back distance and remain static. The 47" will be left to right and obviously change when you open the tent.

Sunpilot

Observer
I don't own a Litchfield but it was one of the options on my list. I believe you'll be fine as the measurements (closed) are 47" x 56". You stated you'll be mounting the tent so it opens to the side which will be fine. The 56" will be your front to back distance and remain static. The 47" will be left to right and obviously change when you open the tent.

I think I'll be fine. My question was the placement of the channel supports. I'm building a custom roof rack and I want to make sure the tent's support channels don't fall on top of the rack's support legs. That would make it difficult, if not impossible, to secure the tent to the rack without some alterations.

Flatlander93

I have a Byron and I asked a lot of question directly by calling or leaving a message from 23zero’s website. They were very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunpilot

Observer
I finally received a call back from one of their reps, in fact, he called me from China! He was very helpful. This sounds like a company that I will do business with. I just wish they had more info on their website, but at least I found out what I needed to know. I look forward to getting my 23Zero tent. I'll do a write-up on it in the future, good or bad!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles