wheel spacers reviews

James Tapley

Have you ever ordered wheel spacers online ?
If so what do yall recommend???

Just find a on-line store hex auto parts,have you heard it before ? Is it good hex auto wheel spacers?

Any feedback or reviews ?

Thanks

IMHO there is no such thing as a good wheel spacer. What I have seen is properly torqued spacers falling off Landcruisers along with a (large) tire and wheel.

Charlie

bkg

Explorer
I have a set of 1.25" hub centric spacers on my 04 Tacoma. Got them off amazon, but I did spend a lot of time reviewing specs, etc. I should have purchased Spidertrax, but I was being impatient and cheap.

Two things I dislike (two more reasons to go with Spidertrax. 1 - the order did include lugs with a deeper collar for the turn wheels, but not the drive. 2 - I had a question re: the nuts that the seller chose to ignore.

Bottom line. Spacers are a band aid. Stay 1.5" or narrower. Preferably 1.25" or narrower. Buy online is fine as long as they are quality (*cough* buy Spidertrax *cough*). And remember that they require regular maintenance

MAX99

i have a set of 1.5" 6 Lug Wheel Spacers Adapters on my Ford F-150, bought them from HexAutoParts.com.
The first time i know HexAutoParts in amazon because my boyfriend need to replace the ac compressor clutch, the items come fast and not bad quality.Well, just found the official site of Hex through google, the price is much cheaper than amazon, shipping service as good as usual.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I second that recommendation. USA made from USA materials. Easy to work with and offers custom options.

Any opinions on steel versus aluminum? I know the steel weighs 2.5 times the aluminum version...

v_man

Explorer
My understanding was that most preferred aluminum spacers over steel. Your rotating wheel is not the best place to be adding weight. That being said I'll cast another vote for Spidertrax. I think conventional wisdom says that wheel spacers is one area where you don't want to cheap out ....

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Nothing wrong with correctly made spacers...best place is this:
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

I've ran them on 8k lbs trucks and 6k lbs off road jeeps running 40's.

I second that recommendation. USA made from USA materials. Easy to work with and offers custom options.

Any opinions on steel versus aluminum? I know the steel weighs 2.5 times the aluminum version...

I bought the Bora wheel spacers from Motorsport-tech... the quality is amazing. They milled the front spacers for the 100 series drive flanges, the anodizing is perfect, they are individually serial numbered, high quality hardware, great communication, and the price was the best around. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

They did take about 3 weeks from order to delivery, but the wait was fine with me to get something USA made for MY rig, you can order any thickness you like at no extra charge. I chose the 1.25" and almost went for 1.5" up front but in the end I decided to go with what I knew would work. I have no issues what so ever with vibration, shake, shimmy... they roll true.

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2035.JPG

IMG_2036.JPG

IMG_2037.jpg

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The Motorsport / Bora spacers also have a lifetime warranty - transferable - which covers anything happening to the spacers including cross-threading and broken studs. Typically they will just make a replacement for the damaged one by their records from the individual order/serial number on the spacer - so you don't even have to know all the details of the spacer... nice.

Box Rocket

I've had two sets of Spidertrax spacers. 1.25" ones on my Tacoma and 1.5" ones on my Cruiser. Spidertrax seems to have some proven reliability with very few failures (none that I'm aware of) when they are set up correctly. Make sure they are torqued correctly and use red Loctite. Check the torque periodically and you shouldn't have problems. I have tens of thousands of miles between the two sets I've had and so far so good.

BEG

Adventurer
I run 1.25" Slee/Spidertax on my 100 series. Buy quality, make sure you torque them properly, use loc-tite, check regularly for loose hardware and/or metal fatigue and you'll be fine.

RKRUGER

Adventurer- Toyota Nut
Is there a reason to go 1.25? If I am looking to add Rock Warriors or other Tundra/ Sequoia wheels to my 100, what is the minimum width that can de had?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Usually the minimum thickness for an adapter (which changes the PCD) is the length of the original wheel studs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles