TPS Wierdness.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
This is true. Got the plugs and wires in, now that's one less thing to worry about.

As for the TPS, a friend of mine is pretty sure he can calibrate it, just have to find some time to get over there during the day.

The really sad thing is, the intake and all that is going to have to come back off at some point in the next couple of months, to fix a leaky valve cover gasket. I'd have had the shop do it while they had the thing taken apart for the plugs, that would have been cheaper in the long run, but in the short run I couldn't pull an extra $300 out of my *** to pay for it.

Why aren't you doing it yourself? I took a bunch of pictures when I took mine apart to make sure it went back together.

HartPA

Why aren't you doing it yourself? I took a bunch of pictures when I took mine apart to make sure it went back together.

Combination of lack of time and crappy weather. I can't afford to have it down for too long while I figure out how it comes apart and goes back together, and I didn't particularly want to do it outside in the cold and the rain. I'm not much of a mechanic to start with, and this is actually the first vehicle I've owned where you had to do anything special to get to the spark plugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz