Ultimate short bus

wild1

Adventurer
There are a group of these bad boys sitting at Gardiner Mont.They must be the winter replacement for the snow coaches.They have a real Icelandic truck look to them. I would love to have a camper on one of these. They are E350 based.Anybody know more about them?

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 65

eporter

Adventurer
Awesome indeed! Seems they're trying to upgrade their E-series shuttle bus fleet to meet emissions and noise requirements, and have less maintenance than mattracks.

I think I'd want a ride in the old school, back-track front-ski Bombardier, though.

exp1.jpg

exp2.jpg

wjeeper

Found an article that is related, part of a pilot program it seems like? They look awesome.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/31/yellowstone-snow-coach-company-testing-tires-over-/

I learned a bit about these rigs from my boss/ tour guide when I lived just outside the gates of Yellowstone for a summer. A lot of the tour companies are testing out switching over to big wheels. They way are cheaper to upfit, maintain and have a quieter and softer ride better than Mattracks. When they slide off of the groomed and packed trails they get STUCK. There hasn't been a big snow year in awhile to see how they handle the deep powder so the jury is still out if they will allowed in the park long term

wild1

Adventurer
I have ridden the old bombardiers into Old Faithful from West Yellowstone a couple of times and I couldn't wait to get out and on my skis. I'm sure they are the high point of many folks trip though , they are a pretty unique experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke