OBA: What hose for plumbing/interconnect?

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Hey all, I'm in the midst of putting an on-board air setup under my van, but that means I need to settle on the final details. In this case, my one open question is what hose to use for all the plumbing/interconnect. I'll be using a Viair 400c which has an 18" braided leader hose, but my tank will probably be a bit farther away, so I'll need hose and fittings to make that connection to the tank, plus some hose to split to each end of the van (planning for Q/D ports on each bumper).

The Viair kits usually include compression fittings for 3/8" DOT air line. Not sure if this is the "preferred" hookup stuff though, especially given exposure to underbody heat, etc. Do folks just get 3/8" silicone air hoses and cut 'em up and use barb fittings, or what?

What do you use?

Thanks!

WOODY2

Adventurer
I'd use DOT approved Synflex and push pull fittings. Available in my configs and easy to stock a couple spares for trail repairs

downhill

Adventurer
Absolutely, 3/8 air brake tubing and push/pull connectors. I've been using that since 1987, and haven't found anything better.

RedF

Adventurer
Synflex air brake tubing. If it's good enough for semi trucks, it should be good enough for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles