Thread: MERCEDES VARIO CODE READER

Default MERCEDES VARIO CODE READER

Does anyone have any information on a diagnostics or code reader for the round port of a Mercedes Vario 814 da 2002, i think it might be handy to have one.
    Life is just a journey, but sometimes you take a wrong turn!

It is called a star diagnosis system
    Unimog U500 with Unicat camper; diesel BMW X5 35d, diesel BJ40 Landcruiser and diesel M37

I bought a star system off ebay a while back and it work fine on my 03 atego with the big round port. It was around 700 if I remember right and includes a second hand laptop with Xentry diagnostic software, WIS and EPC installed, the multiplexer interface and a host of cables for Mercs of different ages and types.
    http://jimthetruck.blogspot.co.uk/
    Mercedes 1823 4x2
    ex brinks cash-in-transit truck

Nick, thats as expensive as some that i have seen, does it work ok and access all areas?
    Life is just a journey, but sometimes you take a wrong turn!

Quote Originally Posted by part time nomad View Post
    Nick, thats as expensive as some that i have seen, does it work ok and access all areas?
    It works 100%, and accesses everything, although you cannot change the speed limiter without an additional code. The laptop battery was basically dead on the laptop that came with my kit, but otherwise I am completely happy. It's pretty straightforward to use.

When I had a boost leak, the active fault page automatically linked me to the charge air system pages in the WIS. Pretty neat.
    http://jimthetruck.blogspot.co.uk/
    Mercedes 1823 4x2
    ex brinks cash-in-transit truck