Swivel Base for Gmc Savana

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
Hey Guys,

I'm looking into swivel bases for my seat. I know there's quite a few out there. Any better than one another with fitment and install ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVI

Adventurer
I saw some in a junk yard that I wished for more time to snag them. They were in a GM conversion.

Sam

I have a set that were manufactured by RoadTrek Vans. They replace the Chevy/Savana seat base. My guess without measuring them is that they are made from 1/8" thick steel. They use a tapered roller bearing to swivel & work very smoothly. They are pricey but the quality is first class. If you can find a set from a wreck, go for it. I think that you'd be very happy with them.

ober27

Adventurer
I'm curious about using a swivel with power seats, any issues? For those of you who have already added swivels, how has it effected seat height?

North

Observer
Still kinda surprised this hasn't been addressed by the aftermarket at this point. Seems like something plenty of people are looking for. I'd like to design and build a quality one myself, but am short on time at the moment.

I've asked Ujoint, Van Specialities, etc. Nobody is making a high quality swivel for the Express. The margins probably aren't great...

That said, somebody (MG, Weldtec) make a nice one and take my money!

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
Still kinda surprised this hasn't been addressed by the aftermarket at this point. Seems like something plenty of people are looking for. I'd like to design and build a quality one myself, but am short on time at the moment.

I've asked Ujoint, Van Specialities, etc. Nobody is making a high quality swivel for the Express. The margins probably aren't great...

That said, somebody (MG, Weldtec) make a nice one and take my money!

I am very surprised myself. I read that before about the discount van swivel. Maybe I can end up doing that mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne