2017 Ram 2500 - Post Divorce Therapy

Explorerinil

Observer
Hi Guys,

Update: I spoke with Aaron at Thuren. Heck of a nice guy and unbelievably helpful. Based on my wants/requirements/anticipated usage, he thought their King 2.0 complete system would be the best system for me. Also, recommended the rear track bar. I am gonna order the system this week. The refreshing part of my discussion (and the ultimate reason I decided to go with Thuren) is that I flatly told him that money was not an issue and that if the King 2.5 would be better I don't have a problem spending the $$. He told me that based on what I am gonna use the truck for, the 2.0 King system would be great.
That king system rides awesome, you won't be disappointed

Dalko43

Explorer
Hi Guys,

Update: I spoke with Aaron at Thuren. Heck of a nice guy and unbelievably helpful. Based on my wants/requirements/anticipated usage, he thought their King 2.0 complete system would be the best system for me. Also, recommended the rear track bar. I am gonna order the system this week. The refreshing part of my discussion (and the ultimate reason I decided to go with Thuren) is that I flatly told him that money was not an issue and that if the King 2.5 would be better I don't have a problem spending the $$. He told me that based on what I am gonna use the truck for, the 2.0 King system would be great.

I've heard similar feedback about Thuren. They're a small shop compared some of the others, but the owner is extremely professional and helpful.

Big Ern

Thuren King 2.0 system ordered along with the rear track bar. I also ordered a pair of Baja Designs S2 lights for back-up lights.

I'll post pics once everything comes in and is installed.

Big Ern

OK Gang...update:

I had the Thuren King 2.0 system installed yesterday. I also ordered the Thuren Rear Track bar and had it installed. The Thuren soft coils raised the front ~2.75" and the rear 1.00". OVerall impression on the limited driving I have done is that I am very, very happy. The coils are much softer than factory and the shocks work beautifully with the spring rate. Freeway driving, bumps, expansion joints, etc. are much, much smoother and overall driving experience is great. Note: it is not like driving on a cloud, but I'm pretty confident this is about as good as you can get a 3/4 ton diesel to drive on the road (without spending some serious $$). I am running Toyo MT tires right now, but if one decided to run Toyo AT2 or Cooper AT3 (a true all terrain) with this system, you might just have the ultimate long range highway hauler (that can still perform pretty decent on mild offroad trails). Silky smooth. My next tires I am going back to the AT2 or RT.

I also installed a pair of Baja Designs S2 sport lights as back-up lights. Again, I put these on a separate, independent switch and not linked to the reverse lights. I didn't want to blind anyone backing out of a parking space at the grocery store.

Ram Thuren Lift.jpgThuren Coil Shock.jpgThuren Rear Track Bar.jpgBD Back Up.jpg

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
jerstw,

Did you sell your white truck and buy a charcoal one and change your screen name to Big Ern? I’m confused... you haven’t posed in your own build thread since early January.

Oh wait... nevermind. I found where your build got hijacked back on page 12. Bummer.

Brad

ukrboy

Observer
jerstw,

Did you sell your white truck and buy a charcoal one and change your screen name to Big Ern? I’m confused... you haven’t posed in your own build thread since early January.

Oh wait... nevermind. I found where your build got hijacked back on page 12. Bummer.

Brad

Had the same question...

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Make sure you are running the correct pressure for your weight and not the factory pressures. With my 315/70r18 Toyo MTs I can run 45psi in the front to match the factory 6000# rating and run 35 in the rear to get a 5000# rating for a 2000# payload in the rear. That lower pressure made almost as much difference in ride as the softer Thuren coils/shocks.

TommyG

Adventurer
Make sure you are running the correct pressure for your weight and not the factory pressures. With my 315/70r18 Toyo MTs I can run 45psi in the front to match the factory 6000# rating and run 35 in the rear to get a 5000# rating for a 2000# payload in the rear. That lower pressure made almost as much difference in ride as the softer Thuren coils/shocks.

Yup. Double check it if you have service done. Every time we take our Power Wagon in for work at the dealer the techs air the 37s up to 60 psi to shut off the TMPS warning in the cab. They max out at 50 psi and even that is way to much for daily driving. Play around with it to find the sweet spot for your truck.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Ha ha thats the most seamless Hijack ive ever seen.
qsh42of.jpg

Laramieskibum

X1000. This. Also sweet hijack lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
The "techs" at the tire store put 80lbs in my 315's.

They put 60 all around in mine. Not even what was on the door. Just guessed. And it's funny that neither of our techs even used the max pressure on the sidewall instead just making up some arbitrary number as they went.

I hadn't even noticed the hijack until it was pointed out. Seamless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles