2017 Ram 2500 - Post Divorce Therapy

Dalko43

Explorer
Dalko - The option description on my truck say "Heavy Duty Snow Plow Prep Group" which, as I understand it, gets you the 'heavier capacity' front coils even with the Off Road Package. Sorry, I don't know the dealer order code.

I've looked at that package on the Ram build site, but it doesn't specifically say that heavier springs are included.

By the way, I'm real glad to see more members on here buying and building up these Ram 2500/3500 platforms (both the diesel and gasoline). It seems Ram has made a lot of improvements to the most recent generation. Hopefully, with this growing interest, the aftermarket support continues to grow (AEV's market support is already a good step in the right direction). The Power Wagon still seems to be in a class of its own; fuel economy may not be anything special, but the offroad prowess of that thing is unmatched by almost everything except a Jeep. Looking forward to more updates on this and similar build threads!

jerstw

Adventurer
Dealer informed me the “HD Snow Plow Group spring codes are ZHAP and ZWAP”...left side and right side codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerstw

Adventurer
Forgot to post the completed bed liner...very exciting I know (sarcasm.)...

ee616e96de6792c1e77b4c1dcc8fad16.jpg

Also, since this truck came with the third brake light cargo camera and Leer states the topper will not fit with that I swapped it out for the basic cab brake light. The camera is still wired up and active just sealed in a bit of bubble wrap and plastic to protect it if needed at a future date...

fae6d98835507e04ee37c2c83316679e.jpg
bcb7eff4313f672ea61887ff617440b6.jpg
dde69ac98aec1fdaacd2e7646673cfe4.jpg
2e7419b021c689e3854d3c9b28587834.jpg

The brake light connectors are the same on both style housings and the camera module come out with one Phillips screw. Since the camera cable appears to be attached to the headliner decided to leave that all in place plus I wasn’t sure if it would throw some error message on the dash like “camera not found” so this seemed the simplest approach.

ripperj

Explorer
Good idea, sometimes simple is best. Even if it did fit, I would get annoyed looking at the cap everytime the camera was on( how's that work, the camera is only on when you turn on the cargo light?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jerstw

Adventurer
In the controls panel on the Uconnect headunit you can select the cargo camera whenever you want to look at it. It is pretty sweet and I suspect it towing a 5th wheel it great but I need a topper so tuck it away for now.

jerstw

Adventurer
Nothing too exciting tonight but picked up some Wavian Diesel Jerry cans from Mills Fleet Farm. They were on clearance for $39.99 so got two of them as these mount to my TireGate / Hitchgate.

e1b3a37365365eaccc984736cae80c03.jpg

chet6.7

Explorer
These showed up this morning...

41d4a4139fb8d05ec37ce45cd6c933a2.jpg

10d83b06383c5b0eac10971d2d3f88b0.jpg

On the Cummins forum many believe those tires have a reputation for being a factor in "death wobble",they are a good tire on everything except a Ram/Cummins.
The gasket on the CHMSL is also know to leak,there are a number of posts on CF about the leaking gasket.It's a Dodge thing,the Gen 2 had the leaking gasket problem as well,it has continued right into the Gen 4.I love the power delivery of the Cummins,but Ram engineers are some real boneheads.

jerstw

Adventurer
Hey chet - I have heard of the DW with the KO2's and Cummins combination. While I did consider Toyo's, in the end I went with the KO2's again for 3 main reasons...1. This will be my 3rd set of KO2's and the previous ones all did great for me in terms of traction, durability and wear (granted none of those were on a heavy pig with a Cummins), 2. The price from 4wheel Part's this month was the best I could find and 3. After speaking with an owner of a Prospector 2500 Cummins with 35K plus miles on his KO2's / truck he had no complaints. Hoping for the best but if they suck will go to 'Plan B'...whatever that is.

Big50 - Thanks. I am a fan of your F250, great setup you have going and huge fan of the wheels and that soft topper...anxious for your next update and trail pics (that last location you and the family were at looked awesome).

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
On the Cummins forum many believe those tires have a reputation for being a factor in "death wobble",they are a good tire on everything except a Ram/Cummins.
The gasket on the CHMSL is also know to leak,there are a number of posts on CF about the leaking gasket.It's a Dodge thing,the Gen 2 had the leaking gasket problem as well,it has continued right into the Gen 4.I love the power delivery of the Cummins,but Ram engineers are some real boneheads.

The diesels can eat tires for lunch.
My neighbor's 2000 F-350 ate up Falkens,Nittos in 50K. He swapped to BFG's,then sold the truck.

Dalko43

Explorer
OP, if you get a chance, take a look at Turbo Diesel Register (https://www.turbodieselregister.com/). Besides having some forums dedicated to the the different generations of Cummins, they also put out quarterly magazines and other articles. You can gain access to these articles (digital versions) for a very cheap price.

There was one article in particular that discussed the different A/T tires geared towards diesel 3/4 ton's, including a category the writer labeled 'commercial traction.' Anyways, I know you already made your tire purchase, but there are some informative articles over there (there is some meaningless fluff as well, but the good info is well worth the negligible price of membership).

malibubts

Adventurer

Yeah, if you are going to put a topper on and plan on keeping it on I'd look into this. Took me about an hour to replace the gasket on my 1500 that would cause leaks during big rains. A lot easier to do this before the cap is on.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
do you guys happen to know if the harness for the camera is up behind the CHMSL on trucks not equipped with the camera, but have the 8.4 nav?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles