Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Ram 2500 - Post Divorce Therapy

Quote Originally Posted by Regcabguy View Post
    At the Auto Show here I sat in all big three trucks and the Ram hands down was the most comfortable.
    The GM's were cheap inside and the Fords a bit better.
    That being said everything's so expensive. if I had many bucks to spare I'd love a new one but it's not in the stars.
    Enjoy!
    I went today and agree with all the above. It's making me really contemplate owning a power wagon lately, but the Cruiser would have to go.

Bit more progress on the drawers today...

A lot more to do...router out the top deck for the semi-flush mount tie down tracks from Mac’s, get the UHDP drawer fronts, pre-drill and counter sink stuff, prime and seal stuff, make the side ‘wing’ storage areas for the wheel wells, etc, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Regcabguy View Post
    Looks good. Even the snow looks appetizing for someone from dry,dry San Diego. My buddy's got your wheel in silver. Perfect backspacing for his '05
    Great looking truck, are you planning on any more AEV stuff?
    2016 Ram 3500 Tradesman 4x4, CTD, Aisin, AEV, Warn 16.5, Carli Backcountry, Toyo, Factor 55, ARE topper, ETC.

Looking good, nice wood working skills....
    2017 RAM 2500 AEV Build
    http:/http://forum.expeditionportal....man-gt-AEV-ish
    1989 Toyota 4-Runner
    2012 Merc E63

1992 Toyota Pickup. SAS and 3.4 conversion SOLD
    2008 SuperCharged Range Rover Sport SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Explorerinil View Post
    Great looking truck, are you planning on any more AEV stuff?

Thanks, and yes...front bumper, rear bumper if / when they finally release it, and maybe the snorkel (my son loves the snorkel but practically when the heck am I going to bury this thing in water up to the intake?).

The front bumpers are on backorder on the AEV site so will keep checking when they get back in stock. Rear bumper timing who knows...they haven't released the full details on this one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Austo View Post
    Looking good, nice wood working skills....
    Thanks, but I assure you am just skilled enough to apply wood glue...my Dad is a retired engineer with OCD and a hobby of machining and woodworking. Has been a good project, I tell him what I want the end result to be and he ponders things for a day and then tells me what to do and how to do it...pretty much the same as it was when I was a kid in his woodshop.

Quote Originally Posted by jerstw View Post
    Thanks, and yes...front bumper, rear bumper if / when they finally release it, and maybe the snorkel (my son loves the snorkel but practically when the heck am I going to bury this thing in water up to the intake?).

The front bumpers are on backorder on the AEV site so will keep checking when they get back in stock. Rear bumper timing who knows...they haven't released the full details on this one yet.
    Front bumper looks, functions and fits great, rear is almost ready, mady look at expedition one rear bumper, I like the swing out and storage better than the rear aev. I got the raised air intake, it’s not really for water but for dust, the Cummins likes th cold air and getting plenty of it, plus with the exhaust brake on it sounds cool... it’s just hard to drill a big hole in a new fender.
    2016 Ram 3500 Tradesman 4x4, CTD, Aisin, AEV, Warn 16.5, Carli Backcountry, Toyo, Factor 55, ARE topper, ETC.

Very nice build. Subscribed. . . . (and as I don't plan on a divorce , my excursions into AEV parts bins will not be so bold or frequent!)

Appreciated reading about the AEV Procal. Was not aware of that part and the Toyo's I am running are causing the TPMS fits as previously noted in your thread. (Sure would be nice if FIA/RAM allowed a reset from the dash as does other vehicle manufacturers.)

A recent trip in my own project to Palo Duro Canyon, Texas panhandle. Not quite the GC, but a lot closer drive and still very inspiring.

Keep your updates coming!

Palo Duro 1.jpg

Palo Duro 2.jpg
    ~ Gary ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTR - 157
    TLCA - 22816

"We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment." - Hilaire Belloc

Yeah the "big hole" in the fender would be a 'puckering' moment.

Thanks Gary. The AEV ProCal is pretty slick just know the TPMS adjustment is a 2 part process...the ProCal plus you need to have a dealership 'program' the changes with a WinTech or WyTech (sorry I cannot remember) tool. As I understand it that last part at the dealership allows the changes to be "accepted" into the EVIC in the Ram. I am running mine at 35psi front and 30 in the back...ride's MUCH nicer and MPG doesn't seem any worse for the wear. Nice Mega Cab and cool views in your photos.

I just did my tpms.there is a guy on the ram forums that rents the tablet that does booth parts .he will ship you the tablet his web site is tehann.wixsite/tracytruck
    16 ram 2500 megacab 6.4
    16 tundra pro
    14 can am maverick 1000xc
    78 international scout II
    14 Polaris rzr 800xc

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast