2017 Ram 2500 - Post Divorce Therapy

jerstw

Adventurer
What are you replacing the gasket with, another OEM on or something else?

I cannot speak to the camera harness being there on a 8.4 w/nav but a friend tried to install the camera module on his 2017 that was not installed at the factory and the wire / camera cable was not there when he removed his CHMSL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chet6.7

Explorer
There are a number of posts on CF,I used some make a gasket type material.If I were to do it again,I would get a CANBUS compatible LED to replace the stock bulb and use some type of permanent sealer.I used to use silicon,but have read that it is acidic.

Spencinator

Adventurer
IMG_2832.jpg

Just thought I would chime in to give some specs and may answer some of your questions about drivability/mileage. Highway average is 18.5mpg at 75mph with 37" General Grabber x3s and the Tepui tent mounted. With head wind, you'll lose 2-3mpg. I have 7k miles on the AEV suspension package a love it.

2017 Ram 2500
6-speed manual
Snow plow prep
5th wheel prep
3.42 gears

AEV Suspension
Onyx Saltas
Raised air intake

Enjoy! You'll love it.

jerstw

Adventurer
Spencinator - Love the rig and G56 trans. Thanks for the info. How are you liking the X3’s? How painful was installing the snorkel?

Spencinator

Adventurer
I like the X3s although they are noisy, you get use to it. Haven’t had them in anything but dry conditions so far.
I had a couple beers before I cut the hole in the fender, definitely helps calm the mind. Looked great after install.

jerstw

Adventurer
Do you have a close up of how it mounts to the pillar on the cab?

And I can understand the "beers" required for install aspect.

Last edited:

jerstw

Adventurer
Thanks Laramie.

Parts pics...

ac9b2484cc3ae9e471d93384db686ac2.jpg
8912c8c377e776bf4d2460ad35884f29.jpg
28a92159194394c0e2e87d196ad69ea6.jpg
14984be0577866300b03371109b2f270.jpg
f9f13d4336691ae786cc6e314ea2ff7f.jpg
eb10b36fb5682a72e60a84216fb3ad92.jpg

Not sure I am in love with the dark grey lug nut / trim ring...will reserve final judgement until they have tires on them and are on the truck.

Topper left Leer this morning and hopefully will be getting installed tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:

jerstw

Adventurer
Thanks. Got the topper on last Friday afternoon and then Saturday morning dropped the Salta's and 37" BFG's off to get mounted and balanced and then got the truck back to the dealer to do the suspension install along with a few minor warranty items. Without my truck this entire week as the dealer is 2.5 hours away but did get a sweet Grand Caravan R/T for the week (not kidding, I am digging the minivan or "ManVan" as my son calls it...4 buckets, 28MPG, and enough USB plug in's to have zero fighting over which of my kids gets to charge their iPhone).

Only issues thus far...

1. One of the wheels was lost by UPS
2. One of the wheels arrived with a bent bead lip (must have got dropped HARD in shipping)
3. 2 of the 5 BFG's took "a lot of weight" to balance out but 4Wheel Part's has 2 new ones coming to the store which is about 30 miles away and will swap them out when they come in

So far all minor items and the retailers I bought the parts from have been great about just taking care of the issues with little to no fuss...considering that a win at this point. I am tempted to get the Salta lug nut covers / trim rings powder coated black as the two-tone color is not growing on me yet and doubting it will...but minor thing at this point.

If all goes to plan I will head back over to Wisconsin this weekend to pick up my truck, get the OEM parts sold (wheels, tires, Bilstiens, floormats, etc.) and then next up with be to get my Thule bars back on top and mount my Packasport, then get working on the drawers for the bed as all the compression latches, drawer pulls, and tie down bars from Mac's have arrived.

jerstw

Adventurer
AEV 3” Dual Sport Suspension, wheels, tires and snow plow limiting straps done...still need to do the ProCal adjustments but getting there. Also got two new batteries installed under warranty due to the battery saver message I was getting. Also lining up a powder coater to make the wheel trim rings match the wheels.

82ed9a5a5d4af9d6bd7e55992d243c97.jpg

d23b12156b471b2110b507d5f3bc314a.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz